Liebe Kampfkunst-Liebhaber,

seit ein paar Jahren betreue ich die FB-Seite www.https://www.facebook.com/tmaworld/

Dort habe ich in unregelmäßigen Zeitabständen inspirierende und motivierende Zitate veröffentlicht. Die populärsten Zitate habe ich dann hier zusammengetragen: True Martial Arts: Kampfsport und Selbstverteidigung in Würzburg - Quotes of True Martial Arts

Da ich nicht zusätzlich einwirken wollte, habe ich sie - so wie ich sie gefunden hatte - einheitlich auf Englisch belassen. Allerdings sind manche ursprünglich auf japanisch, chinesisch usw.

Gerne würde ich diese Sammlung verbessern, da hierin eine wichtige Quelle für Kampfkünstler entstehen kann.

Wenn ihr dazu beitragen wollt:
- Kennt ihr Autoren, die noch fehlen oder korrigiert werden müssen?
- Andere essentielle Zitate, die ihr hinzufügen würdet?
- Verbesserungsvorschläge zu den Übersetzungen?

Grundsätzlich: Kopieren erlaubt, verbessern erwünscht!

Viele Grüße, Euer Tarik

PS. Falls ihr die Schulseite nicht öffnen möchtet, hier der Inhalt:

Quotes of true martial arts

Philosophy & Lifestyle
Family isn’t who’s blood is in you. It’s who you love and who loves you. – Jackie Chan
Giving your son a skill is better than giving one thousand pieces of gold. – Chinese proverb
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. – Sun Tzu
As in life or battle, learning how to throw is good but learning how to land is sometimes even
better.
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi
There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend who trains with you.
In Shaolin - mistakes are the mother of learning.
I believe the world is one big family. And we need to help each other. - Jet Li
Everywhere I go, I still have time to meditate. People think meditating is sitting there,
nobody bothering you, but you can even talk and still meditate. - Jet Li
Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. – Miyamoto Musashi
My philosophy is that the most important aspect of any religion should be human kindness.
And to try to ease the suffering of others. To try to bring light and love into the lives of
mankind. - Steven Seagal
I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to
mine.
Life’s journey will reveal true friends.
To believe in something and not to live it is dishonest. – Gandhi
Katsumoto: „You believe a man can change his destiny?“ Algren: „I think a man does what he
can, until his destiny is revealed.“ – The Last Samurai
The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and
privilege. - Charles Kuralt
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy
follows like a shadow that never leaves. - Buddha
Fear comes from uncertainty; we can eliminate the fear within us when we know ourselves
better.
Peaceful Warrior
I train to fight, so I don’t have to fight.
A student said to his master:“You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you
reconcile the two?“ The master replied: „It is better to be a warrior in the garden than to be
a gardener in a war.“
I am not teaching you how to fight. I am teaching you how to control evil. – Masaaki Hatsumi
Use your martial skill for the good of humanity. – Yip Man
We all have inner demons to fight, we call these demons, fear and hatred and anger. If you
do not conquer them then a life of one hundred years is a tragedy. If you do, then a life of a
single day can be a triumph. – Yip Man
The key quality is hummility. If you end up developing pride, that’s destructive; it destroys
yourself and it destroys the world around you.
Who is your teacher? My opponent is. Then, who is your enemy? It is the ego.
I practice martial arts not to win over people, but to win over my own heart. - Tony Jaa
To approach to combat and everyday life should be the same. - Miyamoto Musashi
The goal of the martial arts is not for the destruction of an opponent, but rather for self-
growth and self-perfection. The practice of a martial art should be a practice of love - for the
preservation of life, for the preservation of body, and for the preservation of family and
friends. - Dan Inosanto
The superior man does not fight. He solves problems peacefully.
When your temper rises, lower your fists. When your fists rises, lower your temper.
A thorn defends the rose, harming only those who would steal the blossom.
A man who conquers himself is greater than one who conquers a thousand man in battle. –
Buddha
Best fights are the ones we avoid.
A weapon isn't good or bad, it depends on the person who uses it. - Jet Li
The art of peace is not easy. It is a fight to the finish... - Morihei Ueshiba
Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace. – Dalai Lama
The real secret of martial arts is inside your heart. – Hatsumi
A warrior likes to act rather than talk.
The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them. – Miyamoto Musashi
Technical
When you should hit, hit. When you shouldn’t, don’t. Don’t when you can’t. Don’t when you
mustn’t.
If you can’t do it slow, you can’t do it fast.
Work until your brain forgets and your body remembers.
Train with the energy of a warrior and soon you will have the heart of a warrior. – Yan Lei
Do not be afraid to get close to your opponent. The closer you are, the more you will learn. -
Bimba
There are three kinds of fighters: the aggressive fighter who charges in blindly trying to get
the upper hand, the defensive fighter who blocks and evades until his opponent is tired, and
then the most dangerous type of fighter, the one who waits for his opponent to make a
mistake. - Aaron B. Powell
A man does not excel because of his style. It's only when a man can go outside the bounds
set by his system that he can excel. If a marital artist can practice a style without being
bound and limited to his particular school, then and only then can he be liberated to fission
with any type of opponent. A great majority of instructors, however, blind their practitioners
and brainwash them into believing only thier school of training is best. – Dan Inosanto
If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you never get it done. – Bruce Lee
Don’t hit if it can be avoided, but never hit soft.
The essence of fighting is the art of moving at the right time. - Bruce Lee
If you have to think about a technique, you haven’t done it enough.
Do not fight with the strength. Absorb it, and it flows, use it. – Yip Man
Speed is the essence of war. Take advantage of the enemy's unpreparedness; travel by
unexpected routes and strike him where he has taken no precautions. - Sun Tzu
Don’t train till you can get it right. Train till you can’t get it wrong.
When you have a good teacher, the name of the style doesn’t matter.
If you perform the martial arts with an incorrect spirit, instead of protecting yourself, you
will end up killing yourself. – Takamatsu
Spirit first. Technique second. - Gichin Funakoshi
Never forget that, at the most, the teacher can give you fifteen percent of the art. The rest
you have to get for yourself through practise and hard work. I can show you the path but I
can not walk it for you. - Tan Soh Tin
Yin and Yang. Body and mind. Do not train one-sided.
Motivational
Losers complain, winners train.
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
No one can go back in time to change what has happened. So work on your present to make
yourself a wonderful future.
You can’t control where you come from, but you can always control where you are going.
Stop competing with ohers. Start competing with yourself.
Fear is not a choice, fear is the challenge.
A warrior…feeds his body well; he trains it; works on it. Where he lacks knowledge, he
studies. But above all he must believe. He must believe in his strength of will, of purpose, of
heart and soul.
I came to this world kicking and screaming while covered into someone elses blood. And I
have no problem going out the same way.
Strong is what happens when you run out of weak.
Don’t limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.
It’s not the size of the girl in the fight, it’s the size oft he fight in the girl.
I don’t train because I have to. I train because I want to.
There are no shortcuts and easy ways to defend yourself and to master an art.
Work on your weakness until they are strengths, and work on your strengths until they are
second nature.
Always do what you are afraid to do.
Your goal should be out of reach but not out of sight.
Civilize the mind but make savage the body.
Practice as if you are the worst. Perform as if you are the best.
The body achieves what the mind believes.
The two key points of success: dedication and patience.
Age is not a limit. You’re never too old to grow with martial arts.
The Best F.R.I.E.N.D. Fights for you, Respects you, Includes you, Encourages you.
Awesomeness can be trained.
Getting up
Every day is a new beginning.
When your mind and body tell you to quit, your heart will tell you to fight.
You might as well stand and fight because if you run, you will only die tired. – Vern Jaque
When you get up and change, your body has no choice but to follow.
We must all suffer from one of two pains: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret. – Jim
Rohn
Failure is the key to success. Each mistake teaches us something. – Morihei Ueshiba
Fall down seven times, get up eight.
Knocking me down ist he easy part. Keeping me there is the impossible.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius
Clear your mind of can’t.
Chances of success: I won’t… 0%. I can’t… 20%. I don’t know… 40%. I want to… 60%. I can…
80%. I am… 100%.
Throw me to the wolves and I’ll return leading the pack.
Sore today. Strong tomorrow.
We all fight hard battles. Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.
Dojo Life
As you grow older, training becomes more personal, internal and traditional.
Martial arts is like a mountain. You see the top. And you hike and you hike and you climb,
and you finally reach the peak, but you realise it was a false summit, and in front of you lies
an entire new mountain range.
It is difficult for a student to pick a good teacher, but it is more difficult for a teacher to pick
a good student. - Yip Man
Enter the dojo peacefully or at least let the peace oft he dojo enter your heart. – Eric Gold
All martial artists are beginners. Some of us have just been beginning longer! - J. R. West
Winning is not important, but: the opportunity to learn, to grow, to experience. Victory is
not in winning, but in growing.
The dojo is where body and mind find harmony.
True victory is victory over oneself.
I am in competition with no one, I run my own race, I have no desire to play the game of
being better than anyone, in any way, shape, or form. I just aim to improve, to be better
than I was before. That's me and I'm free.
Everything too fast is not good but everything too slow is also not good. You need balance.
That's why I like martial arts: it always tells you how to control your body, your mind, your
heart. Balance. Balance can keep the world's peace. I think that's a very good thing. – Jet Li
They may forget what the teacher said, but they will never forget how he made them feel.
T.E.A.M. Together Everyone Achieves More.
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.
The great teacher inspires.
Too much ego will kill your talent.
Martial arts is a form of expression, an expression from your inner self to your hands and
legs. – Donnie Yen
Calm your mind and forget about yourself. – Yip Man
It all begins and ends with respect.
Only someone burning can set others on fire.
There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer,
quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
– Miyamoto Musashi
Art of War
Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. – Sun Tzu
There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent. - Lao Tzu
He who fears loss has already been beaten. – Jigoro Kano
The most dangerous person is the one who listens, thinks and observes.
Know yourself and you will win all battles.
Silence is a source of great strength. - Lao Tzu
Defeat is a state of mind. – Bruce Lee
He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight. – Sun Tzu
But when you think you’re safe is precisely when you’re most vulnerable. – Seven Samurai
Calm, but alert. Relaxed, but ready. Smooth, but sharp. Humble, but confident.