Taky /andy Kimura - JKD / WC? [Archiv] - Kampfkunst-Board

PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Taky /andy Kimura - JKD / WC?

Jun Fan JKD Ahrweiler
30-07-2003, 10:51
Hi,

eine Frage, weiss einer von Euch verbindlich, ob das was Taky Kimura in seiner Schule unter Lee gemachthat und was er und Andy heute in ihrem gung fu institute unterrichten, zu irgendeinem Zeitraum schon JKD hiess?
Danke im Voraus
Wilfried

Gin Lai
30-07-2003, 19:34
Der Begriff "JKD" taucht in schriftlicher(!) Form erstmalig im Juli 1967 als Eintrag in Bruce´s Daytimer auf -- also erst 3 Jahre nachdem er 1964 Seattle verliess.
Dennoch gibt es Aussagen von diversen OBLS aus der Seattle und Oakland Periode, dass Bruce den Begriff bereits vor 1967 schon verwendet haben soll.
Soviel also zur "Verbindlichkeit"...
Im Folgenden ein paar Zitate, die uns vielleicht ein wenig Licht in die Angelegenheit verschaffen:

- Jesse Glover (Seattle Ära): "When I was training with Bruce he was still using a lot of Wing Chun mixed with other things. What he was calling his stuff at the time was Jun Fan."

- Doug Palmer (Seattle Ära): "No, I don´t recall exactly when I first heard that (JKD). It was certainly not in 1962 or ´63 when I was taking it."

- Joe Cowles (Seattle Ära): "When I trained it wasn´t called Jeet Kune Do."

- Leo Fong (Oakland Ära): "Jeet Kune Do was conceived after the Wong Jack Man fight. I don´t remember exactly the year, but I know it was 1964 or ´65."

- Gary Cagaanan (Oakland Ära): "When I was there beginning to end, it was Jeet Kune Do. Flat out. No if´s and´s or but´s."

- Dan Inosanto (Los Angeles Ära): "It all began in the early part of 1968 while Bruce and I were driving along in the car....Then Bruce said, "We should call our method the ´stop-hitting fist style´, or the íntercepting fist style´."
"What would that be in chinese?" I asked.
"That would be Jeet Kune Do," he said.

Taky Kimura in einem Paul Bax Interview auf die Frage "Did you actually see Jeet Kune Do?"
T.K.: "I guess I can say that I was the only guy in Seattle that really saw the stages of Jeet Kune Do that he was into when he (Bruce) came up here. At that point he wasn´t teaching anybody. He would teach me privately different things he was doing. I guess I can say I was the only guy he kept pace at the level he was in when he came up here. It´s a very confusing thing. Everybody looks at Jeet Kune Do and tries to say what it is."

Na dann is ja alles klar! ;)

Grüsse,
Michael

Gin Lai
31-07-2003, 09:17
- Taky Kimura: "The art of Jeet Kune Do was developed by Bruce while he was living in Los Angeles." (ergo ab März 1966)

Bruce Lee in einem auf den 31. Juli 1965 datierten Brief an James Yimm Lee: "I´m having a gung fu system drawn up -- this system is a combination of chiefly Wing Chun, fencing and boxing. As for training, I have other ways of training. I´ll have them written down when it is finished.
Boy it will be IT!"

Grüsse,
Michael

Jun Fan JKD Ahrweiler
31-07-2003, 10:13
Danke,

anyone else? Vielleicht historian andreas mertsch?