Zufällig bin ich auf folgender Webseite... [Archiv] - Kampfkunst-Board

PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Zufällig bin ich auf folgender Webseite...

Guido Reimann
13-11-2003, 12:46
auf eine Diskusion gestoßen, wo behauptet wird, daß

Kick Boxen ursprünglich im heutigen Kambodscha anzusiedeln ist!

Lest aber mal selber, muß dazu sagen, daß alles in Englisch ist!

Anmerkung:

Ich habe aus der Original Webseite nur noch ein paar Postings hier in den Thread veröffentlicht, die aber schon den Kernpunkt treffen!

phatry
Angkor Thom
"Our arts will be the international signature of our country." -- ACP

As promised...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received this news thread June 14th, 2001 from the CambodiaNews YahooGroup. - Phatry Pan

--

Cambodia reclaims kickboxing heritage

"After decades of war, kickboxing was forgotten and the athletes were
weak. Now we are trying our best to restore our reputation" - Um
Yurann

In its latest battle with neighbouring Thailand over cultural
heritage, Cambodia is moving to reclaim its stake in a sport that it
says it originated.

Kickboxing, made famous in the region by skilled Thai fighters, is on
the rise in Cambodia after three decades of strife put the pleasures
of sport on the back burner.

Cambodian fighters are now sparring against each other and visitors
from other countries, including Thailand - and they're winning.

Um Yurann, deputy director of the Cambodian Boxing Federation, is at
the forefront of the cultural battle and points to bass reliefs on
the ancient walls of the ninth to 12th century Angkor temples as
proof that Cambodians have been practising the sport for centuries.

"After decades of war, kickboxing was forgotten and the athletes were
weak. Now we are trying our best to restore our reputation," Yurann
said.

"But we are still poor and most of our boxers are in poor living
conditions. They do not have enough energy to practise."

But they do practise, at some 70 boxing clubs around the country and
with determination to become world-class athletes some day.

"We often have foreign kickboxers from Japan, France, Thailand,
Australia, Spain, Sweden, Canada and other countries who come to
compete with our boxers," Um Yurann said.

"Sometimes we lose, sometimes we win. This is normal."

It is clear on any given weekend that Cambodians are embracing the
sport wholeheartedly.

Television stations have begun staging weekly matches that spectators
can watch at the studios in Phnom Penh or live on TV.

Coach Chhith Sarim said it was unfortunate that Cambodia lost its
spot in the world of kickboxing while the country was at war, but
he's determined to win it back.

"Our kickboxers are really good and it is not proper that Thailand
says Cambodia copied its game while we were busy with war," Sarim
said.

Cambodian kickboxers - like other athletes, entertainers and
intellectuals - were targeted by the Pol Pot's murderous Khmer Rouge
soldiers during the group's 1975-79 regime.

An estimated 1.7 million people died from execution, disease,
starvation and overwork during the Khmer Rouge's nearly four-year
rule.

A decade of Vietnamese occupation in the 1980s and continuing war and
poverty in the 1990s prevented enthusiasts from rebuilding the sport
until recently.

Related links Kickboxing.com

July 13th, 2001 10:04pm

kingkhmer
Ta Prohm

From: Serei Sophon, Banteay Meanchey, Wat Douge Touch, Ontario
badai serei is khmer. the thai stole it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
its is call badai serei, my family is of fighting hertigae. my grandfather fought and teaches badai serei, go to gocambodia.com and look up cultural heritage. its tell you the history. the thais think everything is theirs. from our khmer tattoos. to our kickboxing. some thais even think that Angkor Wat is theirs.

since our country is poor and they are rich. they seem to say things and bends the truth. look at khmer society now a days. our parents watches thai movies. our sister be claiming i am half thai. sure to those who are good for you. but remember that not everything that is thai is truly thai.

from thai tattos to muay thai, its is khmer. even our lost province are khmer. surin, chataburi, korat, and to name some more. since this is a khmer forum. please help spread the truth so our nation can be great again. without khmer living aboard to know the trueness of the art. we as a people will not know the truth.
September 2nd, 2001 1:05am

blackdiamond
Bayon

Khmer Kickboxing
I am currently working on a book entitled: The Vanishing Flame: The Bare Knuckle Fighting Arts Of India, Cambodia, Burma, Laos and Thailand.

I will be in Cambodia conducting further research that will hopefully bring some reason and historical documentation to the debate.

My own documentated research thus far shows bare knuckle fighting in upper Burma as well as various other close regions concurrent with the Khmer claims.

The thais never abandoned their fighting heritage and continued to progress it and expand on it, their success has brought global recognition to the sport which most not be discounted.

I think it is a wonderful sign that Cambodia, Laos and Burma(Mynamar) will now continue and build theirs.

King Khmer I would love to train and interview your grandfather in Cambodia. Their are very few if any remaining masters of Badai Sarai and Brodal Borann Khmer. Please contact me as soon as you can.

I will hopefully also be meeting with Mr. Um Yurann.

If any one else has any contacts or articles pertaining to this contact me at the email below. If you are interested in obtaining the book, it will be available in early 2002, you can email me also about this.

blackdiamondcobra@yahoo.com

Ich war mir auch nicht ganz schlüssig, ob ich diesen Thread nicht besser im MT Forum bringen soll, weil in der besagten Diskusion sehr häufig die Vergleiche zum Muay Thai und sogar zum Krabi Krabong gebracht werden, nun ist er doch hier gelandet.

Bin mal auf Eure Meinungen gespannt! Vielleicht läßt sich die Diskusion hier weiter führen!

Was meint Ihr?

Gruß
Guido

Tengu
13-11-2003, 14:48
Hi Guido,

abgesehen davon, daß einige in diesem Forum entweder ein extremes Egoproblem haben oder ein bischen zuviel aus der Rassismusflasche getrunken haben.
-------------------------------------------------------
Kommt darauf an, was der jeweilige unter Kickboxen versteht. Ich, für meinen Teil, verstehe darunter das Zeuch, was in den USA seinen Ursprung hatte, damit unterschiedliche KKl´er nach allgemeinen Regeln aufeinander eindreschen können.

Der Thread in diesem Forum hat aber den Titel Khmer Kickboxing. Ich denke, sie sind gerade in der Diskussion an einem Punkt, wo Begrifflichkeiten verwechselt werden. Im Land der Khmer, die vom 9. bis 14. Jahrhundert Südostasien beherrschten, mag es diverse KK´s gegeben haben. Oder auch nur eine. Aber ob man´s Kickboxen nennen kann? Nach so einer Def. wäre dann auch Pankration eine Variante zum Kickboxen (Greek Kickboxing) oder eben umgekehrt.

Gruß

Tengu

Franz
13-11-2003, 15:11
mit Kickboxen wie wir es verstehen hat es nichts zu tun.
eher damit das einige khmer sich als Urheber des Thaiboxens fühlen, so unwahrscheinlich ist das ja nicht mal da die Grenzen sich je nach Königreich und Epoche immer schön verschoben haben und unter Nachbarn tauscht man sich eben aus auch KK mäßig
Und jeder nennt es nach seiner Nation,
Burmesisches Boxen, Muay Thai, Savate oder Box francaise oder can francaise (das französische Stockfechten), tja und die Thais waren eben überzeugender im Marketing und näher am Markt für KK und leben es auch aktiver, in Kambodscha, laufen mehr Leute mti Handfeuerwaffen rum als mit sonst irgendwas, denke daher dass die Verbundenheit dazu sollte es sie jemals gegeben haben nicht so groß ist wie einige in dem
Forenbericht trommeln

Guido Reimann
14-11-2003, 06:23
Hi Guido,

abgesehen davon, daß einige in diesem Forum entweder ein extremes Egoproblem haben oder ein bischen zuviel aus der Rassismusflasche getrunken haben.
-------------------------------------------------------
Tengu

Hey Tengu,

Du hast nicht Unrecht, deshalb nehme ich mal den Link raus, und veröffentliche in meinem Eingangsposting nur noch ein paar Meinungen aus der besagten Seite!

Gruß
Guido

P.S.

Übrigens der User "black diamond" ist ein guter Freund von mir, der hat sein Gym in New York City (Black Diamond Gym). Ich halte ihn persönlich für einen der Personen weltweit, die am meisten über die KK´s in Laos, Kambodscha, Burma und Thailand in jahrelanger Recherche angeheuft haben!

Franz
14-11-2003, 09:28
July 13th, 2001 10:04pm

If you are interested in obtaining the book, it will be available in early 2002, you can email me also about this.

blackdiamondcobra@yahoo.com [/I] [/B]

Ist ja auch schon alt der Beitrag ist das Buch nun erschienen ?
Wie ist es geworden?
Wird es auch auf deutsch erscheinen

Guido Reimann
14-11-2003, 10:01
Ist ja auch schon alt der Beitrag ist das Buch nun erschienen ?
Wie ist es geworden?
Wird es auch auf deutsch erscheinen

Nein das Buch ist leider noch nicht erschienen, die besagte Person verweilt zur Zeit noch in Südost-Asien! Es soll voraussichtlich 2004 erscheinen (bekomme vorher noch von ihm Bescheid).

Gruß
Guido