22.10.11, American Kenpo & Selfdefense München [Archiv] - Kampfkunst-Board

PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : 22.10.11, American Kenpo & Selfdefense München

chrisdz
07-10-2011, 07:59
Hallo zusammen,

herzliche Einladung an alle Interessierten zu einem Lehrgang mit Fred DePalma, 8. degree, aus USA, der sich erstmals in Deutschland aufhält.

Für alle, die Master Fred DePalma nicht kennen, hier einige Info's aus seinem (Budo-)Lebenslauf:

I'm really just a nobody who trains in Kenpo Karate.

Started my training in 1980 in Farmington CT under Mr. Greg Silva
Mr. Silva is and always will be the person I claim as my instructor no matter how many other I've worked with
Received my black belt in 1984
Received my 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th directly from Mr. Parker
6th from Joe Palanzo (Mr. Parker had passed by now)
7th from Mr. Silva when he removed his belt during a seminar of about 150 and handed it to me (total honor)
8th came from a board of schools that I over see throughout the country with their training and business
Meet Mr. Parker in 1986 at the first instructor training camp held at Mr. Palazo's school in the D.C. area
From 1986 to his death Mr. Parker would run 3 - 4 seminars, camps, instructor training and black belt testing at my personal school in Newington, CT. During this time I was privileged to train with him one on one and spend time with him to get to know the man.
After Mr. Parker's death I kept in touch with Mrs. Parker and was told by her daughter I was the last non-family member to talk with her before she died. This led to trust between Darlene and I and this is why I sell their Parker Kenpo items for the family.
1986 I opened my first school in Newington, CT that turned into 6,800 sq ft with 600 students. Before I left CT I had opened 4 locations there that I gave to my Instructor to take over
1991 I opened in Gilbert, AZ and now have 7 locations here with over 1500 students training.
I've competed nationally in the 80's and 90's - I've been told that my name is in some books sport karate. Also was part of the NE IKKA fighting team.
Besides training my team, I spend my time working with schools of Kenpo and all styles on being professional in what they do to run a successful school with keeping to their system.
I speak at Martial Art business seminars for groups as EFC, UP, MAUI, MAIA, NAPMA, MA1, MASAU and others.
The top things in my life are my wife Robin, sons Edge & Dagger.

The Kenpo world is funny. Most people spend their time arguing about who has more knowledge and who trained with who. Instead of spending their time growing in the arts and sharing with others. Two things that Mr. Parker told me once that I'd like to share.
"Your mind is like a parachute and only works when it is open" This is one I like to always share with the Kenpo world for so many reasons. :-)
"I can't believe that people pay me to learn. Every time a white belt or anyone asks me a question, I learn from their prospective"

Wir freuen uns auf Euere Anmeldungen (bitte unbedingt per Mail, da der Platz im Dojo beschränkt ist)