important information [Archiv] - Kampfkunst-Board

PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : important information

Sebastian
27-03-2002, 20:38
Hi,

we created this forum for our English speaking friends.

So, German martial arts fans can talk in an English forum with fans in the whole world.

I hope that we can see some nice discussions here.

Please keep writing only English here.

For the first days, you can post here without a registration, but later on, you'll have to get a nickname, so better you can do this also now

Thanks a lot.

KarateKid

aldi
21-05-2002, 21:08
not many posts here, maybe english speaking martial-arts-fighter don't like to discuss in german forums..

Sebastian
21-05-2002, 21:47
this could be a reason :(

Softwarekiller
21-05-2002, 21:49
Probably, but there were surely same englisch or american speaking Martial-Arts fighters in Germany, who want to speak with the German Martial-Arts community.
They want eventually know, were big matches take place in germany and were they can practice there, too

I hope i don't make to much mistakes :cool:

If I done, it's because of the nice weather an the good bear on draught in the "Biergartens" :beer: :D

Krider
22-05-2002, 07:45
Think you wanted to say "beer" not "bear"....

Softwarekiller
22-05-2002, 07:50
In deed :D

Thyura
23-05-2002, 13:47
To meet a nice bear could possibly contain a certain danger :D

Seriously: Does anybody from the English and American speaking MA-community even know this forum? I don't really think they'd go on looking further down until they see this forum if they only recognize German across the whole page.
Maybe a little bit more advertising outside Germany would be a good idea. What about E-Mails to MA-clubs in foreign countries? Krider? What have you done in this way so far?

Greetings...

Thyura

Krider
23-05-2002, 14:27
Thyura, we sent messages to almost 100-200 people in ICQ but we got no answers and just a few visits. Furthermore we have a banner exchange with englisch martial arts sites but its not as successfull as we expected.

Any ideas?

hanzaisha
23-05-2002, 14:44
isn`t it possible to install a hyperlink on english or asian martial arts sites? i think, if they are abled to install a hyperlink on kkb (like an exchange), that could work!

greetinx:D

nils

p.s.: an example how this could work:

http://www.titanic-magazin.de/index.php

cdobe
29-05-2002, 22:51
There isn't any reason for a foreign martial artist to post in a German board! I guess there are such a lot of opportunities for English speaking people in the www to discuss certain topics with native speakers, that they don't have any interest to post here.

We do have a pretty nice German board. But I don't think it has the potential to get internationally recognized.

But, wait a minute ... we already do have some Schluchtenscheißers in here ... ;) :D

msg
cdobe

Grushnak
31-05-2002, 07:54
< :D >
Hi cdope!

It´s not nice to speak this way ´bout our swiss neighbours!
Furthermore, there are some people round here, who know, what they are talking about: right, it´s us Austrians!
It shouldn´t matter too much, which foreign language whe have to speak: English or "Piefkenesisch".

Greetings from the sunny south,
Grushnak.
</ :D >

cdobe
31-05-2002, 08:51
@Crushneck
I didn't talk 'bout the Swiss people, Crushy :P

I'm quite sure that you guys know 'bout fighting, feller. There are some dangerous wild animals around in the Austrian outback. A wild Gams or Bergziege is not easy to handle :D

greetz from the sunny north
C - no drugs, but sex 'n rock 'n roll, DOBE

Vicious
04-07-2002, 18:18
I don`t read all, but isn`t it better to move this forum on top of the board? So the englisch speaking people don´t have to sroll all over the board! They find the forum very quick and don´t have to look for it :).

Unregistered
04-07-2002, 18:42
Hi You Funny Guy!

There are some dangerous wild animals around in the Austrian outback.

True, True nothing for a "Flachlandtiroler" like you, better stay at home!:D

But now Back to Topic!

I also think that the English Martel Art Community cook there own Soup:o

Maybe somebody go out and surch the www for some nice Guys who wanna write down in oure nice Community, once they see how wunderfu,l and interesting our Community is, they could not get enough :D

Our hero should be somebody with better knowledge in the English Language them me:D

Greetings Bany

Vicious
04-07-2002, 19:04
Originally posted by Unregistered
them me:D

Greetings Bany

I think like you....;)

Sebastian
04-07-2002, 21:44
You all are right. We'll see ;)

Unregistered
13-08-2002, 01:11
Hi Guys,

Just found this forum! I'm in the process of adding a discussion forums page to my website (spot the advert heading this way ;-) - labanbaston.cjb.net) sp hopefully that will add to the influx of English speakers viewing this site!

Of course, the main problem with English speakers is the that this forum is near the bottom of the page, after a great deal of written German. And as an Englishman, I don't need to learn foreign languages, I just need to know how to speak slowly and loudly...;-)

Bill Lowery

jkdberlin
13-08-2002, 08:50
Hi Bill!

Good to see you finally found this forum ;)
Looking forward to meet you again in September!

Greetings

Taesian
15-10-2002, 17:02
Well - I found this site doing a search using Yahoo...

I'm currently living in the Stuttgart area and I'm very interested in finding some good martial arts schools in the area. Hope this board is still active - and great to see that you folks made one geared to us English speaking folk.

Much appreciated here!!

Tae Holtz

jkdberlin
15-10-2002, 17:09
Yep, we are still active. Hope you'll find what you are looking for!

Greetings

Hong Kong Phooey
07-12-2002, 23:01
hey this is great! i could ask some foreign friends of mine who also do martial arts if they want to join our forum!

Ani
08-12-2002, 18:17
Yes maybe it would be a good idea to put it on the top,
I didn't even realize yet, what a great forum we have here!!!:rolleyes:

Well, I'm aways trying to do some advertising when I meet any "fighters" on the net.:D

But it's really strange, many people, altough they speak german, don't like forums in general, cause they are still thinking, that there are only big-stuff-guys who talk about how good and tough they are.I wished, they would take a look at our nice board, maybe they would change their opinion :bang:

Greetings

Ani

boogasuga
08-12-2002, 18:48
Hey everyone...I'm from the U.S. now living in Germany. I'm trying to find someone who teaches martial arts in Hanau. I know that Germany is known for some of the best martial arts schools outside of Asia, however, I can't seem to find anyone in my city. If anyone could help, please feel free to email me or message me. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you guys. Take care.

Ani
09-12-2002, 16:21
Hey, a good decision to search for schools on our Board!!!:D
I'm not an expert about martial arts at all, but here's one peace of advice :
"Feel free" to look on the Internet, I think, that's one of the easiest and most effective ways, try
this (http://www.google.de/search?q=Hanau+Kampfsport+or+Kampfkunst+&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=de&btnG=Google-Suche&meta=lr%3Dlang_de)
for example...;)
Good Luck!

Greetings

Ani

boogasuga
09-12-2002, 22:43
Thanks so much. The only place i could find was Mangonjuk Gym and when i went there, I couldn't get in. I didn't know which bell to ring or whatever. I didn't try very hard because I was afraid they didn't take girls. I'll try again tomorrow though, and this time I won't wuss out.

boogasuga
09-12-2002, 22:48
Hong Kong Phooey, message me on yahoo or icq. I haven't contributed enough to send private messages or something. zolawildflower on yahoo or onewildflower on icq...