Interview: Wanderlei zum Arona Fight [Archiv] - Kampfkunst-Board

PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Interview: Wanderlei zum Arona Fight

jesse.björn
29-09-2005, 13:05
gefunden und geklaut im Sherdog.com forum!

Wand Interview
Just before the Bushido GP

Source: Portal do Vale Tudo

Interviewer: Gleidson Venga

Translator: myself, so sorry for the english mistakes you may come across

Gleidson: Wanderlei, what are your thoughts about your fight with Arona??

Wand: What fight?? What happened that day can’t be called a “fight”. It was one of my worse performances, I did the wrong gameplan. Losing a fight is ok, every figher will lose someday, but what I regret is the way I fought that day, I’m angry about not doing what my fans and everybody else were expecting I would do. But thank God I got over it, I know what I did wrong, I have to train a lot more and I’m already doing it and just thinking about the next one.

So When your next fight is gonna happen then??

It’s probably going to be on december 31th. I still don’t know who will be my next opponent, but I have asked the boss (Rudimar) to do it with Arona again, cause I don’t wanna leave things the way they happened. There’s no problem, I never give up and next time I will kick his ass, I will go for it like I never did before. I’ve learned that that kind of fight is just not for me.

Are you already back on training??

Yeah, I’m training like crazy, I don’t eat, sleep nor do anything else. I can’t stop thinking about that fight, it can’t remain that way, it just can’t. I’ve got to kick that guy’s ass in anyway I can. What a shitty fight I did, I’m completely disappointed by the way I fought that day. But that’s ok now, everybody has a bad day.

What are your thoughts about the critics people been doing about your performance??

That’s ok, it’s part of the game, it happens with every athlete. What you have to do is listen to it, get over and learn for your mistakes in order to not doing it again. Nothing can bring me down.

What did you think about Shogun’s performance??

I told you before that what Shogun needed was a big battle. I knew he was going to show the world what he really is made of when he fought a great opponent. 2005 was his year, he beat the best athletes of the game. Really, I was going to feel bad if I had to face him on the finals. It would be unfair. We had kind of agreed that I was going to be the champ, we were going to fight but I couldn’t really do a “real” fight with him. I would never give my 100% against him. I like him very much, he’s a really down to earth guy, very humble. I even asked the boss about giving the championship to him, that would be no problem for me. But the boss said that I’m the older one, I’ve been on this road for more time than Shogun and that Mauricio still would have other chances to make it. But thank God everything happened well, he won the GP by his own skills, everybody saw how superior he was to the others. Now I hope that he keeps focused and continue training, cause there will be a lot of hard challenges in the future. I think he just didn’t realize how good he is, he’s got more than that, I can say.

And what about Mirko vs Fedor??

It was an awesome fight. I was in the best “seat” of the gymnasium, really close to the ring. I was cheering for Fedor cause I don’t like Mirko. I had the opportunity to meet Fedor after the fight, he’s a really classy guy, down to earth, very, very humble. I was surprised by how nice he was. He did the right game plan against Mirko, he just went for it, it was a great fight. The other one was also very brave, he never gave it up and held his own untill the end, it’s not easy to do a 20 minute fight like that. That is what is called fighting, a fighter must give all of his own and go for it. That’s what I’m gonna do from now on, Im gonna fight like I used to do before, gameplans are just not for me. I’m training really hard, my weight is 100 kilos now, but I don’t know if I’ll face a heavyweight or Arona again. I can lose weigh untill 93, or put some weight to face a heavyweight, whoever he may be.

Do you still have plans to face heavyweights in the future??

Yes, I do. There will be the Heavyweight GP next year and I may be one of the contenders, we are already negotiating it, but the boss is the one who decides it. There’s a great chance I’ll be in this tournament next year.

So you are in all of parts of the game??

Sure. Let me tell you something, I was shopping today here in Curitiba, it was raining a lot and it was really crowded. I went to McDonald’s and there was this big line, I couldn’t find a seat for me and my family. I was looking for a seat while my wife was on the line when me and some elder woman came across the same seats. She then asked me “what now??”. I said “let’s do it by even or odd”. I just realized that I hate losing, even when it is a simple even or odd with an elder woman.

After Pride, yuo headed to Europe. How was there??

It was really nice, I did a lot of things over there. I did two seminars in France that were really crowded, there were even some people left out. There were a lot of people that payed only to be surround the tatame cause there weren’t any more space avaiable. It was really nice, in the south part of France. I talked to a lot of guys there, I met two famous hip-hop groups and now we’re trying to reach someone important people to help us to legalize vale tudo over there. I was also in St Ettiene, where I met the goalkkeper of their soccer team, a really nice guy and a fan of mine. I was invited to do the first kick of a soccer game (Barcelona X St Ettiene). I took a picture with Ronaldinho (famous soccer player), he told me that he likes vale tudo, that he always try to watch mine and the other brazilians fights. Then I headed to Belgium, it was my second time over there, there were lots of people recognizing me on the streets and asking for autographs. Finally I went to Amsterdan to know the city and I was again recognized on the streets. Then I came back to Brazil and started working again.

How was Chute Box reaction when you returned??

You know, the good part about all of this is the strength and support I got from everybody. I’ve even asked master Rudimar and Rafael to not being so nice with me, sometimes I feel that they should be harsh and don’t get easy on me. They are the people who support me the most, along with Nino, Cristiano and all the other chute boxe members. Besides our crew, a lot of people came to talk and send me messages of support. And it was a really nice thing, I thought with myself “Now that I lost how it’s gonna be?? I’ve realized that the ones that are with me will always be with me, fuck the ones who aren’t. You better have declared enemies than fake freinds, the ones who pretend to be your friend when in fact they aren’t. Enough with the bullshit. The chute boxe guys are all by my side, for me and for our school. I’m so grateful to them, after all that they did and still are doing for me. The strength that they give me I think no other athlete has, the faith, the vibe they give to me is awesome. When I first stepped on our academy after my last fight they just gave me all the support I could ask for, I almost fell in tears. From now on I’ll do anything to help my team mates, our school. I’ll do anything to help my mates.

What do you think about Sakuraba now that he spent some time training with you guys at Chuteboxe??

The guy is really nice. I was with him a couple of times before he came to Brazil and I already knew how nice he was. He’s a real down to earth guy, a great professional with his own training routines. Even the boss was talking about how nice he was. He’s training really hard, even being a 36 years old. He’s an idol, a true idol. A lot of people here from Curitiba were asking him to take pictures and sign autographs. He’s a very known person and should get all the respect he deserves from what he represents to the Vale tudo world.

What are your expectations about Azeredo and Acácio on the next Bushido GP??

They are doing really well. I’ve seen Azeredo training and I must say that he is in really good shape. He was giving Gomi a hard time on their first fight. Now he’s going to stomp on the japanese’s face, Gomi just don’t know what he is going to face. Azeredo is really pissed, he’ll go for it like he never did before. Acácio is also in a really good shape, he’s focusing on his phisical condition, he’s going for the championship as well. He told me he wants to face Dan Henderson. It’s going to be two fights and then the finals on december. You can image what the other schools would say if they both (Acacio and Azeeredo) reach the finals??? I just don’t know, but I think they will be thinking “Are these guys from chuteboxe trying to fix fights??? (laughs)

Your final thoughts and messages

I want to say that I was very happy with all the support I got from the ones who like my style, the ones who respect me for knowing that I always carry the brazilian flag with me, wherever I am. The critics are ok, I know how to react to them. Sorry for disappointing the ones who think that Silva is depressed or disappointed. I’m very excited and I won’t leave things that way. I’ll be back and I will smash the face of anyone who steps on the ring, that’s my style. The real champion is the one who never gives it up, never feels down. I’m gonna do it untill the end. May the next come in, cause Silva is going to train a lot more from now on. I’m learning from my mistakes, I know what I did wrong and I won’t do it again. To the ones who are cheering for me, thank you all for your strength and support, you guys are the reason I fight for. My next vicxtory will be dedicated to you, whoever my next opponent will be. Thank you very much to you all, God bless you and I see you next time, cause the next time is really close.

SIT-MMA
29-09-2005, 13:43
Danke, cooles Interview.

Ich denke er hat die richtige Einstellung zu allem! Hoffe es klappt alles wie er es sich vorstellt.:cool:

Grüsse