post von sv-spezialisten [Archiv] - Kampfkunst-Board

PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : post von sv-spezialisten

Bateman
25-11-2005, 15:01
hallo,
ich bin in einem anderen forum (bronzebowpublishing.com) über dieses posting gestolpert, da sind einige sehr sehr gute punkte drinnen. link zum autor: www.splitsecondsurvival.com

Hi Big Rob,

What an interesting question. Who are my influences? I spent last night thinging about it before I responded. Where here goes.

I can not say who my influences are because I really do not think that I have any. I think that there are so many great instructors out there with many great suggestions, such as be aware ot your surrounding, know where you are going tell a friend ect. but when it come to physical self-defense whether it be hand to hand, against multiples, or weapons, SSS is a totallly different paradign. I had to seperate myself from the influnces that are taught as effective and realistic. It is 180 degrees different to what people teach. I cannot think of a program that is taught out there that does not have some kind of kicks, sweeps, muscle memory, joint locks, pressure point stirkes, throws, punches, elbows, or grappling use for defending against open hands or against weapons. Almost all programs that are taught do not teach the possibility of weapons being used whether seen or not. Most do not teach the reality of the street. They teach, just plain fighting, not survival.
As soon as I pick up a DVD and see that the instuctor is bigger than his attacker, throwing punches, using take downs, joint locks, sweeps, I know that he is blowing smoke. What has happened so many people believe that fighting that is shown such as the ultimate fighting championships you see on television are effective for street survival. Instructors that teach martial arts, such as I do, teach a part of history and tradition that has very little to do with street survival or self preservation. Yet where ever I go I see people teaching absolutely ineffective techniques as viable. What this tells me is that they have never been in a real dangerous situation in there lives.

I have seen instructors teach joint locks saying that they are efffective by anyone that applies them. I have seen magazines where a hundred pound women is shown taking down a two hundred pound man with a wrist lock, or sweep, some people believe these technques but to those that have experienced violence know reality. To all those that teach self-defense I commend all of you. Many out there have never been in a dangerous situation in there life, "and I hope they never will" yet they teach what they call realistic self-defense. I know many many black belts that would not have any chance of survival when it come to the streets because they have never experienced the reality of a vicious survival situation where there a no rules just pain chaous and the possiblity of injury or death.

My own black belt students that I teach the martial arts to, most would have a very small chance of surviving a real assualt because they do not want to face the reality of facing a gun or knife. Thats ok we me. they have come to learn the martial arts, not street survival.

So I think the response to what, not who my influences are, it would be all the martial arts that are taught as effective self defense in which I think are great but totally disagree with for street survival, and all the DVDs out there that teach various styles of fighting that I would never teach as viable, because they cannot grasp the mindser of a criminal. by not focussing on weapons or multiple asssailents.

I personally do not understand why most people cannot grasp the fact that when an assault, robbery, rape, or carjacking a weapon will be used. There will be no warning, just a club to the back of the head, a knife to the throat or gun to he face. If a person assaults you physically with an open hand assault, there will be no dancing around or positioning or stances, he will be on you in a second. Trying to pound your face in with no techniques just pure, raw, disgust for you. Then that piece of street garbage will take what he wants, most likely, money or you watch to trade for drugs, a knife or gun. Then he will be back on the street looking for more. That is what SSS is, street survival not fighting.

So my answer to what my influences are, I believe it is life esperience not other instructors.

The Split Second Survival techniques are totally different than what is being taught by instuctors today. What you see in the series is defensive but what is taught in seminars is both defensive and offensive.

SSS is a program that uses no strength to wake up your assailent, no twitch factor that sends a warning to a blade or fire arm. I realize that it is very difficult to grasp without feeling or seeing. That is why I teach seminars.
I will be in Minnesota soon to meet John Peterson and give a demonstration of SSS and Body Logic. Hopefully he will report back to this forum with his results.

To all that reads this forum, I know that many of you are Martial artists, grapplers, and boxers. I think that it is fantastic. Myself as many of you know I run my own karate school. So do not ever take some of the comments that I make as an insult.or disresprct to you. But when asked, I try to explain my beliefs and what makes SSS totally different to all other programs that are taught,

To all of you, please be safe,

your friend,
Larry

ADoGG
25-11-2005, 15:32
Für mich is das ein langes BLA BLA BLA....

Was übrigens bei 99% der posts in diesem Forum der Fall ist.

JuMiBa
25-11-2005, 16:00
Für mich is das ein langes BLA BLA BLA....

Was übrigens bei 99% der posts in diesem Forum der Fall ist.

Und das 1% stammt dann aus Deiner Feder, gelle ?? Hilfeee... :narf: :narf: :its_raini

Gruß Micha

Bateman
25-11-2005, 16:07
also ein paar punkte sind interessant: ein kk-lehrer, der sagt, dass seine schüler, die traditionelle kks betreiben, keine chance in einem realen kampf gegen einen straßenschläger hätten. Und er auch sämtlich locks, takedowns und pressure points verteufelt.

ADoGG
25-11-2005, 16:10
Und das 1% stammt dann aus Deiner Feder, gelle ?? Hilfeee... :narf: :narf: :its_raini

Gruß Micha

Mann die im Osten können nicht mal rechnen:

Dieses Forum hat bestimmt über 100 User, dann passt das mit dem Prozentsatz schon.

Cyborg23
26-11-2005, 20:36
Mann die im Osten können nicht mal rechnen:

Dieses Forum hat bestimmt über 100 User, dann passt das mit dem Prozentsatz schon.

scheiß Bildungsbürgertum:cool: