Cooles Bas Rutten Interview [Archiv] - Kampfkunst-Board

PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Cooles Bas Rutten Interview

Pedro Rizzo
30-11-2006, 18:18
Ein Member von Sherdog hat ein Interview mit Bas Rutten geführt. Sehr interessant,vor allem die Story mit den 5 Türstehern in Schweden :-)

MM: When and where were you born?

BR: 2-24-1965 in Tilbug, Holland.

MM: What type of childhood did you have?

BR: Please check out my bio on my website www.basrutten.tv

MM: Earliest fighting memory:

BR: A KO when I was 14 against a guy that always bullied me, since I was a sick kid. I trained like 4 weeks Tae Kwon Do and felt so good already that I KO's him, he deserved it, I broke his nose though and the police came to the door and my parents took me off Tae Kwon Do.

MM: What is your favourite fight so far?

BR: Funaki and Warpath (that was my latest fight and I just felt really good to be back). Also the Randleman fight because I looked so bad but they let me go on, TK was a goo ending.

MM: What is your fighting background?

BR: 2nd degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, 2nd Karate, 5th Kyokushin, Dutch champion Thai boxing, 3 time KOP, UFC heavyweight champ.

MM:Sweetest fighting memory?

BR: Beating up 5 bouncers in Sweeden who attacked me, 3 of them ended up in hospital, the police came to break it up and threw me in jail, again, they deserved it. They almost took my eyes out, that was enough reason for me to do something back.

MM: Were martial arts a pivotol turning point for you in terms of confidence?

BR: Absolutely, see question 3, but even when I was sick, I never lost a street fight.

MM: Where did you prefer fighting, UFC, Pancrase of Muay Thai?

BR: I like everything, as long as I can fight. I love MMA though now, it's just the best, cage or ring doen't matter for me.

MM: Who would you like to fight?

BR: I always said Rickson Gracie, but right now my knee is banged up. Rickson is undefeated and a great fighter, I like ti fight the best and see what I can do against him.

MM: Who are your top 5 in MMA?

BR: Cro Cop, Fedor, Gomi, Chuck and still I like Wanderlei, he's just an animal. But I like way more fighters than this, everybody is getting so good, like BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, I can go on and on. My team in the IFL I also like a lot, you will hear a lot from them! Also Josh Barnett is really good.

MM: What was you favourite Pancrase match?

BR: Funaki.

MM: Who is/was your biggest martial arts influence?

BR: Bruce Lee and all my diseases that I had when I was a kid, I had to prove myself.

MM: Did Pancrase ever approach you about working matches as they did with others?

BR: Never, and I swear on my life , I would NEVER do this, I couldn't look at myself in the mirror anymore. You are a fighter or not.

MM: What celebrity would you like to fight?

BR: Nobody, I get along with everybody.

MM: How is Kevin James doing with training? Many fans would like to see him in a celebrity MMA match.

BR: He's a nice guy, helped me out a lot, everyday he was there for my training against Kimo (later Warpath). He hits really hard and is getting in a really good shape. He won't fight, that's not him. His career is booming and he doesn't need it.

MM: Congratulations on winning your comeback fight, how much longer do you plan on fighting for?

BR: Thank you! My knee is shot, I have to take care of that first. I also am going to do some movies, so I will see what I do.

MM: What is the story behind you and the five bouncers?

BR: Please check out my website, it's a big story.

MM: Once ou've retired, what will you do?

BR: I would like to act and teach together, action comedy! I already did comedy/martial arts shows in Holland for TV and even European TV (Eurosport). But teaching, acting and the IFL are number one.

MM: Who would you like a rematch with?

BR: I am okay with everything. They say if I want to fight Ken, but Ken has been unfortunate lately and I would look stupid if I would ask him to fight me now, I know him and go really good along with him. Plus after I fought him he lost to Funaki and Suzuki, I beat Funaki and Suzuki after that, that evened everything out for me.

MM: What would someon ehave to do to beat Fedor?

BR: A freaky boxer would be good but he needs to have a wrestling background, and a good one. Fedor is sick, really good! Right now I would say that Cro Cop has a very good chance and even Barnett.

MM: Who are the future super stars of MMA?

BR: My guys in the IFL are doing really good, I see a good fortune for them, the IFL is really a good organisation, they will make some really good money and they won't get screwed for sure. I love to work for the IFL as you already found out, I just came back from the IFL show where Pat Militich and Renzo Gracie fought each other. What a great show! The best, I did commentary with Stephen Quadros and Kenny Rice, so that was really good, we were back together.

MM: What does MMA have to do to go mainstream?

BR: People are already starting to understand the submission moves, so they know what's going on. IFL with having such good shows that they hve now, they are going to make sure people like it because it's on free TV on FSN! Too bad that England can't get it, you will be amazed with the production, these are the people who did many Superbowls!

MM: What Pride vs UFC matches would you like to see?

BR: Chuck/Wanderlei, Chuck/ Mauricio, Gomi and Penn, Gomi and Matt (Gomi needs to get bigger for that I think though). The heavyweights in Pride are too strong I believe, Fedor and Cro Cop are pretty much the best on the planet, also Josh Barnett is really good and very young, he also could beat Fedor. It's all about who makes the mistake first.

MM: How do you remember your fights with Frank Shamrock?

BR: As a good thing. I just came back from the IFL in IL, and Frank was there, we get along really well, and were talking about our fights and how much we were talking all the time about all the times we fought, it was fun. Frank is a good guy.

MM: Fighter association. Fedor:

BR: Not human.

MM: Cro Cop?

BR: Rocket for left kick.

MM: Sakuraba?

BR: The Matador.

MM: Ken Shamrock?

BR: Pioneer of MMA.

MM: Frank Shamrock?

BR: Fast and always in good shape.

MM: Rodrigo Nogueira?

BR: Jiu Jitsu master.

MM: Wanderlei Silva?

BR: Born fighter.

MM: Tim Sylvia?

BR: Nice uppercut.

MM: Frank Mir?

BR: Good ground movement for big guy.

MM: Andrei Arlovski?

BR: Heavy hands.

MM: Bas Rutten?

BR: A nice and good looking guy. HA!

MM: Do you prefer fighting on the ground or stand up?

BR: I like it all, if you look at my record you will see that I actually won more fights by submission than KO. Also, every submission or KO came by different way, KO to the liver, palm strikes, knee to the liver, to the plexus, low kicks etc. Submissions; heel hook, inverted heel hooks, toe holds, knee bars, guillotine choke, rear naked, Kimura, straight arm bar, etc. So I don't have a signature move, although I do like the body shots a lot.

MM: Do you have any messages for the fans?

BR: I am still amazed with how many fans come to me and give me a hand, I really appreciate that. Who would have known when I was that little kid that got bullied that this all would happen to me? One thing for sure, I didn't! I thank everybody for that, it's awsome! Keep supporting MMA, and please keep watching IFL on FSN, it's going to be huge!

MM: Thank you, Mr Rutten, this is very much appreciated by me, thank you sir.

BR: No problem, thanks and God speed!

Schnueffler
30-11-2006, 20:08
Danke schön!
MfG
Markus

Manolo
01-12-2006, 13:09
Cool, danke!

Gruß

Lord-Navra
01-12-2006, 14:34
Vielen Dank :)

OKI1
05-12-2006, 21:48
:confused: weiss jemand ob Rickson Gracie wieder kämpft?
er hatte doch wegen Rockson aufgehört, oder komm ich aus dem Musstopf?

also wenn dieses match stattfände, würde ich eigenhändig den mais anpflanzen aus dem ich mir das beste popcorn der welt machen würde und würde versuchen die formel x7 zu verbessern: :rolleyes:

ansonsten echt gutes interview, danke:)