Kron Gracie Interview [Archiv] - Kampfkunst-Board

PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Kron Gracie Interview

Shanghai Kid
11-04-2008, 12:13
http://www.graciemag.com/tpllib/img.php?im=cat_144/10165.jpg&w=200&h=191

"Jiu-Jitsu was always about the submission, the detail of seeking out the easiest route to the submission is what my dad taught me"

Kron Gracie is one of those fighters who was born with everyone around him expecting a brilliant future of him. Bearing the enormous responsibility of being son of Rickson Gracie, the brown belt, of just 19 years of age, moves steadily forward in his long and gradual journey to the top.

The 2008 Pan-American was one more successful step in his career as a fighter, as the prodigy submitted his opponent in every single fight he participated in, snatching up the top medals at weight and absolute. Kron's next stop is this year's World Championship, in California, at the beginning of June.

For the biggest competition of all, the young man will still be sporting his old brown belt, and despite his results and the current pushing for his promotion, he is more motivated than ever to take on yet another challenge.

GRACIEMAG.com: What's your training routine like?

Kron: I train pretty much the whole day. I don't divide my day into sections or time allotments, I just train the whole day and push myself in training.

GRACIEMAG.com: Was getting the submission in every one of your fights the result of this daily effort?

Kron: I think it's the result of the technique my father's been teaching me since I was a kid. There's a difference between the Jiu-Jitsu you see going around and the way it should be done. Jiu-Jitsu was always about the submission, the detail of seeking out the easiest route to the submission is what my dad taught me.

GRACIEMAG.com: Are you against fighters stalling the entire fight and winning by an advantage point?

Kron: I'm not against any type of Jiu-Jitsu. These days there are a lot of people involved in the realm of Jiu-Jitsu to make money, to get sponsorship. All of them have their way of teaching, each does things their own way. But what my father teaches is the most efficient, it comes from Helio Gracie and was adjusted a bit by him. Both he and I are proof of this.

GRACIEMAG.com: What did you think of the organization of the Pan-American, which was the biggest of all times and is already being considered the second biggest Jiu-Jitsu competition?

Kron: I found the Pan to be really good. There were more than two thousand people competing, which means its finally getting the recognition it deserves. Jiu-Jitsu is a sport that is growing by leaps and bounds.

GRACIEMAG.com: Tell us a bit about your quick conquest in the absolute.

Kron: The guy I fought in the absolute final (Alliance's Christopher Muriarty), I already knew. He's a really tough and calm competitor, very big and technical. He had already beaten a lot of tough guys. I was very focused and God granted me a quick fight. But he's really good, I'm sure we'll meet again down the road.

GRACIEMAG.com: What about the Worlds? Do you have great expectations?

Kron: I have no expectations for the Worlds. I just train every day and believe in my technique. I don't worry about winning or losing, I just worry about doing what I know how to do, proving my technique.

GRACIEMAG.com: About your belt, of course your father is the one who knows best about when to give you your black, but, judging from your results, don't you think you deserve it?

Kron: I'm still 19 years old and the black belts are a lot older, stronger and more experienced. I want to go in there and be competitive, I want to be the best in the world. My level is brown belt, I think one should move up in belt color for what they learn and not for having won one championship or another. I think I still have a lot to learn. These days belts are handed out really quickly.

LINK: Kron Speaks (http://www.graciemag.com/news/144/ARTICLE/10165/2008-04-10.html)

pelicanino
11-04-2008, 12:36
These days belts are handed out really quickly.

really...??

Splittfinger
11-04-2008, 13:05
:halbyeaha Danke für den text !

Kron ist schon eine Klasse für sich und nicht wenige sind der Meinung das
er seinen Black Belt schon verdient hätte ...

peter schira
13-04-2008, 18:00
kron ist schon eine granate . 2005 habe ich in rio gesehen wie er als faixa roxa auch faixa prets im training zum tappen gebracht hat.
gruß peter schira

hetcadeau
14-04-2008, 22:26
Yeah, habe ihm auch gesehn live!!!! Er trainiert sehr viel mehr als die anderen, er hat das BJJ-Blut drin !!!! Peter, hoffe du antwortest noch auf meine Frage :-) Danke