Zeige Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Thema: Pride interview mit Royce Gracie

BJJ Fighter Gast

Standard Pride interview mit Royce Gracie

Royce interview on pride
    www.Pridefc.com

Royce Gracie: He was not successful at all! He faked the move, but he never completed the move or put any pressure. I was never out! He faked the attempt, then told the referee I was out. He is a liar, a total liar.

PRIDE: What do you think of the following comments by Yoshida: "I did not want to kill Royce, that's why I told the referee three times that he had passed out. I was on top of him, so the referee could not see Royce's face. That's why I made a call."

Royce Gracie: He's a fucking liar. It's the biggest lie. That's all I have to say.

PRIDE: You usually use the closed guard for defense, why did you use the open guard against Yoshida? Were you confident that he would not pass your guard?

Royce Gracie: If you look at the video tape, in the first seven seconds I had a foot lock, so that's why I kept the open guard. I wanted to go for foot locks. If I closed my guard I knew he could not pass my guard, but my strategy was to go for his legs, so I went with the open guard.

PRIDE: What do you think of the following comments by Yoshida: "In the rematch, I will win COMPLETELY and PERFECTLY. Whether he passes out or I get a submission, I do not know how I will finish him, but I will win completely this time.''

Royce Gracie: Good. I hope he doesn't use the referee this time. Lets just fight.

PRIDE: Yoshida has now been in Mixed Martial Arts for over a year. What do you think of his transition and progress into MMA?

Royce Gracie: I have my doubts (laughing). I don't know if his fights look real to me. The only real fight for me was when he fought Wanderlei (Silva). The others, I have my doubts (laughing).

PRIDE: Did you see his match with Wanderlei Silva at Final Conflict? What did you think?

Royce Gracie: I saw it. I think it was his first real fight! (laughing)

PRIDE: Do you have any new techniques or strategies for your upcoming match with Yoshida? If you're not going to change anything at all, please let us know your thoughts behind this.

Royce Gracie: My strategy from the first match was working. The train was right on track. I don't have a reason to change a thing. I was going to catch him last time, this time I will catch him for sure.

PRIDE: You have said in the past "I can die for the Gracies." If you get caught in the perfect submission, would you tap out or admit the loss?

Royce Gracie: If it's a perfect submission with no way out, I will tap.

PRIDE: Why do you insist on special rules to fight in PRIDE FC?

Royce Gracie: I never want anything special. I got fucked once by the referee. I don't like to leave my destiny in the hands of others. I want the referee out of my way, I want nothing special. I'm not going to fly 12 hours to Japan, and miss Christmas and New Year's with my family to get robbed.

PRIDE: You predicted that Wanderlei Silva would win by KO against Yoshida in the PRIDE GP FINAL CONFLICT 2003. Instead, it went to a decision and during the match Yoshida showed an improved striking ability. If Yoshida decides to strike the way that Sakuraba did in your match with him, what will your counter strategy be? Have you been working on your striking?

Royce Gracie: I will show you guys on December 31st.

PRIDE: You lost to Sakuraba in a grueling match that went for 107 minutes. If you fight Yoshida in a match with no time restriction, is it going to be an advantage or disadvantage for you?

Royce Gracie: It's an advantage. I don't think he can last in a match without a time limit. He's too fat. He doesn't have the endurance to last that long.

PRIDE: Do you have any predictions for your match with Yoshida? How do you want to finish? Which round? What minute?

Royce Gracie: I want to make him bleed. I want to hurt him for being a liar.

PRIDE: If you were to defeat Yoshida, what would be your next goal? Maybe a rematch with Sakuraba?

Royce Gracie: I don't know. It's up to my manager. I'll fight who ever.

PRIDE: You were recently inducted into the new UFC Hall of Fame at the UFC's 10th anniversary show, UFC 45: Revolution. Is there a possibility that you'd fight in the UFC again? Would you represent the UFC in a match against a PRIDE FC fighter?

Royce Gracie: I'm no man's fighter, I'm a Gracie fighter.

PRIDE: The PRIDE FC Heavy Weight Grand Prix takes place next year. Any interest in participating in that event?

Royce Gracie: Not yet!

BJJ Fighter Gast

Standard

Das ist der Grund, warum Royce der coolste fighter aller Zeiten ist- ich kann mich nur wiederholen
    *Royce by flying omo plata 2nd round*

Sven K. Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von BJJ Fighter
    Das ist der Grund, warum Royce der coolste fighter aller Zeiten ist- ich kann mich nur wiederholen
    *Royce by flying omo plata 2nd round*
    Machen Sakuraba, Sakurai und Sato auch fast täglich

soares Gast

Standard

oh mann ich will das sehen...

Sven K. Gast

Standard

Moin Leude

Sorry ! Mein Fehler Hab ich verwechselt mit "Flying Armbar"
    Tja ! Wer Lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil. Asche auf mein Haupt.

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer