Zeige Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8

Thema: Jesse Glover about Tommy Carruthers

SuperbadBoy Gast

Standard Jesse Glover about Tommy Carruthers

Jesse Glover am 10 07. 2011:

"Tommy began learning martial arts when he was very young from his father who was a soldier in the second world war. Later he studied Karate. After he studied Karate as a teenager. He studied boxing from one of the best fighters in the UK. This man wanted him to turn pro. When he saw a bruce Lee movie he knew that he wanted to do what Bruce was doing so he studied Wing Chun because he knew that is what Bruce had studied. After he started learning Wing Chun he saw that it didn't have the same movements that Bruce was demonstrating, At this point he began to train some of the movements that Bruce was using. It was after this that he contacted Dill. Later he contacted me and I did a seminar In Scotland. Over the years he has studied from Ted Wong me and has attended all of the Bruce Lee organizations held in the US. At the last one he gave the main demonstration. This was something that he was asked to do,he didn't ask to do it. The first time that I saw Tommy was several years ago. At that time he was punching a piece of paper hanging in the air. As I watch him punch I thought this guy punches like Bruce punched when I knew him. At that Time Bruce was throwing a punch that that was based on hitting a pad that covered a cut off switch. The timer was activated when a light went off.and his punch had to travel 18 inches to the pad and the cut off switch. Bruce's reaction was 8 hundreds of a second. When I first saw Tommy has punch was traveling at a similar speed. A lot of people on this forum have never seen or stood in front of either Bruce or Tommy so what they say is a lot of speculation. I have seen and stood in front of both men. I have been around Tommy for many years and I have never heard him say that he is as good or better than Bruce. This is something that other people say a lot but instead of attacking these people if they don't like what the say they attack Tommy as if what they said came from him. The only thing that I have heard Tommy say the whole time that I have know him is that he wants to see just how good he can become. Not for other people but for himself. If Tommy didn't need to teach to earn a living he would spend most of the time that he spends teaching training toward the realization of that goal."

DerLenny Gast

Standard

Cool! Hast du dafür den Original Link? Würde gern die restliche Unterhaltung verfolgen.

cbJKD Wilfried Gast

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Denkt drann Freunde..

Tommy ist im November wieder bei uns für ein paar Tage zu GAst !!!!!!!!!!

Anmeldung bei mir
    Defence Lab Deutschland©
    https://defencelab-deutschland.de/

Saarbrigga Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von SuperbadBoy Beitrag anzeigen
    At that Time Bruce was throwing a punch that that was based on hitting a pad that covered a cut off switch. The timer was activated when a light went off.and his punch had to travel 18 inches to the pad and the cut off switch. Bruce's reaction was 8 hundreds of a second.
    Bisschen spät aber noch. Das war am 10. Juli 2011.

Hier mal die komplette Version, datierend März 2004, ebenfalls von Glover im Bax Forum:

"In the sixties a friend of mine rigged a timer to test Bruce's speed. We setup a pad for him to hit with a cut off switch behind some padding. We had a clock that timed in 100's of a second. From 18 inches away bruce had to react to a light that went off and started the clock. When he hit the pad it stopped the clock. Bruce's quickest time was 5 hundredths of a second. His slowest time was 8 hundredths of a second, this was from a relaxed position with his hands down at his sides."

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

wie alt war Glover als er Tommy kennengelernt hat?
    I Love Schiuschitsu

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Zitat Zitat von re:torte Beitrag anzeigen
    wie alt war Glover als er Tommy kennengelernt hat?
    Sie kennen sich seit ca.18 JAhren
    Defence Lab Deutschland©
    https://defencelab-deutschland.de/

SuperbadBoy Gast

Standard

Tommy und Ted kannten sich ca. 16 Jahre.

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer