Zeige Ergebnis 16 bis 26 von 26

Thema: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Machado/Nova Uniao Purple Belt - USA Trained

Kicker Gast

Standard

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

I try to be a little more constructive

Zitat Zitat von bjjprodigy Beitrag anzeigen
    I said that I can start a group and call it anything that I want; Gracie Barra, Alliance, Nova Uniau .... you name it. As long as I pay the franchise fee, I can associate myself with any school/brand name = FACT

I am not a big supporter of this system.
    I think, most people here would agree to that.
    Also, i think, most people could also agree, that the Level in Brazil and USA is indeed very high and if someone would make an overall ranking, they would be on the top of the list - BJJ is far more often practised in these countrys - but that does not mean, that here are not great and good people, or that a brown Belt here is less worth than anywhere else. (But here simply are not that much of them)

I did not say that any particular school does this or whatever. I just said it in general and related it to myself and my own group. We are not going to carry a name by simply paying for the brandname. We will let our BJJ do the speaking for us.

That's cool and thats what the people here are doing.
    I do nto know anything (zero) about the Germany BJJ scene as I have said over and over again.
    P.S. The European BJJ scene should take a HUGE lesson from the US as in the US we are one big family. Every school trains with each other, we're all friends ... no EGOS!!!

In EU its always drama -
    I do nto know anything (zero) about the Germany BJJ scene as I have said over and over again.

bjjprodigy Gast

Standard

I really cannot believe this forum. Why is everyone out to bash others? Whats wrong with you people? We're sitting here with a bunch of guys and reading this crap and laughing our asses off.

When someone says shit and he is German or whatever ... nobody says what. But when an American responds ... some rotton apples start their bashing again.

This forum or thread was created to inform people who are interested in training BJJ that a new group will be formed soon somewhere near Duisburg/Dusseldorf. Thats it.

Why the hostility I do not know. But if you guys keep it up, not only will you make yourselves look like internet warriors, but give this forum a bad name as well as discourage people from posting important stuff like new schools etc. If you dont like what you read, just get of the thread!

editEither be constructive or go read another subject. All this negative shit is good for nothing.
    Geändert von jkdberlin (23-09-2011 um 09:11 Uhr)

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Edit
    Geändert von Pyriander (23-09-2011 um 01:47 Uhr)

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Take it easy!
    You just said some things wich offended people because they felt they were not true. Thats it, take the criticism instead of arguing about things you probably don't know (caused by what you have written so far i believe you have never been to germany, so how do you wanna know about the german grappling scene). Besides that, nearly everyone in this thread has encouraged you to open you school and is happy about it because it helps the grappling scene to grow. Open your school, have fun, keep on rolling and stop complaining about people who just point out mistakes you made ...

Henry Gast

Standard

@bjjprodigy: Don't you you see that you are actually offending people and that you sound really arrogant. But you try to turn it around saying the you are offended by "rotton apples".

"We're sitting here with a bunch of guys and reading this crap and laughing our asses off. ... some rotton apples start their bashing again." = just some examples.

As I said before; don't underestimate the level of BJJ in Germany. I am crossing my fingers that you open up a succesful school in germany and that we will see you compete here. By the way: you won't find "MCDojos" in the german BJJ scene.

Registrierungsdatum
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

I simply believe he is a troll.
    Frank Burczynski

HILTI BJJ Berlin
    https://www.hiltibjj.de

http://www.jkdberlin.de

Jaycee Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von jkdberlin Beitrag anzeigen
    Yep... 100% Agree...

SaschaB Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von jkdberlin Beitrag anzeigen
    Yep

Keff Gast

Standard

Hi bjjprodigy,

Welcome to the forum
    And good luck with your school - there should indeed be more training groups!

I just wanted to say some words about the discussion above; I guess it's a clash of cultures effect, but as you can see, people here don't react very positive to some of your posts and although I don't accuse you of doing it willingly I can promise you, with talking like that, you won't get many friends neither here nor anywhere else in germany. Here, it's a stereotype about Americans that they always talk very...selfconfident, so there appear to be some differences in discussion culture.
    And if someone say things like

I guarantee the level of BJJ is going to be amongst the highest in Germany.
    EU will never be like the US
    I started BJJ under Carlson Gracie himself in 1998 when I think 99,99999999% of people on this forum didn't know what BJJ was.
    A brown belt from the US can hold his head high anywhere they go because the USA and Brazil are the highest level of BJJ in the world period.
    But I do believe the level of BJJ in the highest in the USA en Brazil and that my friend is a fact. If anyone is offended by that statement then I think this says more about them than about the statement itself. If anyone thinks Spain or Russia or Germany or Holland has the best level of BJJ then they should stop smoking what they have been smoking because that is simply the ego talking, rather than the brain.
    The European BJJ scene should take a HUGE lesson from the US as in the US we are one big family. Every school trains with each other, we're all friends ... no EGOS!!!

in Germany, it simply means:

"I have actually no clue about how good you are, but we are the best, you all suck and should be happy to learn from us. Also, if you think different, you are in idiot."

I think nobody here really thinks that you meant to say something like this, but that's what it sounds like.
    Being humble is alway a good thing, especially when it comes to Martial Arts.
    (Also, nobody said that Germany was better at BJJ than the US!)

I hope this helps a little bit to get rid of this confusion
    It's always hard to go to a new country and suddenly have to deal with all those differences one usually never thinks about before.

Greetings, Keff
    Geändert von Keff (24-09-2011 um 14:05 Uhr)

LeonKeta Gast

Standard

Hope you can come and train here in Essen,I would defenetily come and train at your gym !!!

Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer