R.I.P.
---------------
Das offizielle Statement der Buot Familie:

July 4, 2013

Again, my heart is heavy, my mind is numb, and my body is heavy...and my soul is crying. Dad passed away this morning at 10:50am. He was long suffering after his stroke in 2005 - having been active in the Filipino Martial Art of Balintawak to the point of not being able to hold a stick. Then my mom passed away this past February...and there wasn't much of anything holding him here. His health declined rapidly. Tuesday we took him to the hospital just so we could do the best we could to help ease his pain...he was diagnosed with Acute Renal Failure and a GI bleed. We decided to take him home and we implemented hospice. He did go quietly after a little struggle with some coughing, but I eased him with some pain meds. He rested and then took his last breath. The man who is/was so passionate about his art, displayed extreme loyalty to his hand-picked students, the disciplinarian who taught me everything I know without prejudice of being a girl...is gone. My mom picked him up in a taxi and took him over the clouds to meet with God. He went peacefully and he didn't do it alone. I was there to to tell him it was okay for him to go. I've lose my Dad...and the Filipino Martial Arts community lost a legacy that came down from the Old Man himself - Anciong Bacon. Please stand by for details once the family make the arrangements. Crack them sticks up there, Dad...and don't give anyone a chance. Play well with the others - maybe Manong Remy will be waiting with sticks in hand. I love you Dad. I will miss you very much.

Melissa Marcelle Buot - Favzza