Zeige Ergebnis 1 bis 1 von 1

Thema: Fedor interview englisch + Fotos

BJJ Fighter Gast

Thumbs up Fedor interview englisch + Fotos

Emeyanenko Fedor is a Russian hero, not only in his beloved homeland, but also against the unlikely backdrop of

Choro Matsuzawa: I heard that you had been working on training in Netherlands lately. What kind of training have you been doing there?
    Emeyanenko Fedor: In Netherlands, I had been to various dojos and exercise halls like Golden Glory. I especially concentrate in Thai-style boxing and kicking. I had much hard training with the World’s top-class fighters.

Choro: For example, whom did you train with?
    Fedor: My main objective was to improve my kick–technique. Since the Dutch are the most professional in this field, I was training with one of the most famous kick technicians in the world, Lucien Carbin.

Choro: Speaking of Lucien Calvin, he’s so great that Gilbert Yvel even has a tattoo of Carbin’s name, right?
    Fedor: Yes, I saw it, too. It is not always possible for other people to do the same training as him. I think my kick-skill remarkably improved through his instruction.

Choro: So, you made great progress with kicks in addition to punches that you are already good at, didn’t you?
    Fedor: Exactly.

Choro: What was the impression you got of the Netherlands ?
    Fedor: Though I was busy practicing hard with kick boxers and MMA fighters in Netherlands , (and I really enjoyed my training there) I still prefer Russia , though.

Choro: By the way, what did you enjoy the most lately?
    Fedor: Lately… I enjoyed the training for ground technique, which I had with Nicolai Suloev at Saint Petersburg .

Choro: You do nothing but training, don’t you (laughs)? Do you still have training with Amar Suloev?
    Fedor: Yes.

Choro: Mr. Pakogin, the chief of the Russian Top Team which you used to belong to, said that, ‘’Well, who is Fedor? I suppose I trained him once…” Would you also like to say something to him?
    Fedor: Then, I would say that I don’t remember him either. That is the past event and I belong to Red Devil now.

Choro: You don’t really want to talk about this, do you? (laughs) OK, now, how is Red Devil, which you recently joined?
    Fedor: I am glad that I joined this professional team and organization. However, the only problem for me is that I cannot practice with them all the time because Saint Petersburg where my gym is at is far from Stari Oskol where I live.

Choro: How are the Red Devil’s coaches that train you?
    Fedor: The level of Red Devil’s coach is extremely high. Regarding the boxing, we can say that it is one of the most excellent clubs in Russia because some powerful world-class fighters are also the members of this club. We can say the same thing about the level of Sambo, Judo, and wrestling at the club. The world champions of Sambo are at this club, too.

Choro: So, may I understand that there is no problem with the training environment even though your team was changed?
    Fedor: Not at all. Except for striking, I don’t necessarily need support from trainers for Sambo and wrestling.

Choro: Right, you are definitely in the top-class in the world.
    Fedor: Well, the advice from the wrestling trainer Voronov is always important to me. He always sees my fights objectively and gives me advice about my strategy after the matches. I also tell what I noticed and we always discuss till both of us are satisfied. In this meaning, he supports me so much.

Choro: In the meantime, the match with Nagata at Inoki Matsuri finished in no time at all. How do you feel about Nagata through fighting with him?
    Fedor: I think he is a good fighter with a lot of courage and aggressiveness.

Choro: Wow, you regard him very highly, don’t you?
    Fedor: However, I think he needs more training as an MMA fighter, because I understand that wrestling is one thing and fighting is another while he seems to be over confident of himself.

Choro: You are right. Now, what is your impression about the event “Inoki Festival” and Mr. Antonio Inoki himself?
    Fedor: “ Inoki Bombaye” was really exciting. The quality level was high as an event as well.

Choro: High level, was it?
    Fedor: Yes, Mr. Inoki was nice to my brother and me. I am very glad that I had an opportunity to fight on the event.

Choro: That was good, then. Mirko ‘Crocop’ Filipovic said “I cannot imagine nor understand that Mr. Miro Mijatovic, as my manager, concluded an agency agreement with Fedor with whom I plan to fight in the near future.” What do you think about this?
    Fedor: I don’t know what Mirko says, but I think there is no problem even if Mr. Miro manages a number of fighters. On the contrary, I cannot understand why this issue becomes a problem.

Choro: In the meantime, how do you think about Mr. Mijatovic?
    Fedor: He is a very nice man. Although I have worked with him for a short period only, I enjoy working with him very much and I am highly satisfied.

Choro: Then, who do you regard as the most strong rival in PRIDE?
    Fedor: Since there are many great fighters in PRIDE, it is very difficult to say who is the number one. If I must chose, they are Nogueira and Mirko.

Choro: Fans also think so.
    Fedor: About Nogueira, the fact that he is ex-champion, fought with many very strong fighters, and has an outstanding record over a long time, proves his excellence. Mirko is also the same. They both are the best performing fighters for now. But, in this sport a new, strong fighter always suddenly appears. (grin)

Choro: Well Mr. Fedor, you are also one of them. And, during Fedor’s absence in PRIDE because of your injury, Nogueira was the tentative champion of PRIDE in heavyweight division. What do you think about it?
    Fedor: I am still heavyweight champion of PRIDE and I will fight as champion at the Grand Prix, and so far nobody has beaten me. I could not fight because of injury and I don’t regard myself as withdrawn from PRIDE. I have just changed the manager. There were several misunderstandings but those are all past matters. I have always wanted to fight at PRIDE and I think my fans also expect me to do so. I will participate in Pride Grand Prix on April 25th for sure.

Choro: I am looking forward to it. Well, can we understand that you have recovered from the injury to your right hand?
    Fedor: I don’t feel any pain now and this won’t have any effect on the training. I hope it will not be painful from now on, too.

Choro: Then, your physical condition is very good, isn’t it?
    Fedor: I think my condition is perfect. However, as I have powered up my training in volume and quality, I cannot avoid feeling exhausted. (smile)

Choro: Let me come directly into the point. Do you have confidence in winning championship at PRIDE Grand Prix?
    Fedor: It is difficult to say so, although I don’t know exactly who is going to be there at the event. We can anticipate that as the world’s strongest fighters will certainly participate, they all have chances to win. As it will be on tournament basis, luck, injuries and the draw, will be the important factors. But, I will do my best. (smile)

Choro: Nogueira said that “ As I proved that I was stronger than Mirko, I want to fight with Fedor again.” What do you think about this?
    Fedor: I hope that I will be able to fight against Nogueira after the Grand Prix. I would like to perform the match again with him, which fans would never forget. I am looking forward to it too.

Choro: Even if you guys fight again, it is obvious that the result will be the same as you did last time, right?
    Fedor: Since my technique is still improving, I could do even better at the next match. I think that Nogueira is also preparing some new techniques for me. So I assume the next match will be such that both fighters will be surprised by each other. Fans will certainly be delighted.

Choro: I am looking forward to that day. Mr. Sakakibara, the representative of DSE, said that he would like to watch the match Fedor vs. Kharitonov. What do you think about this?
    Fedor: To be frank, I do not want to fight with Kharitonov. He is a friend of mine and I know so well about his technique and him personally. I bet this match will be exciting, but I do not want to fight because we know everything about each other and are friends.

Choro: In your opinion, what type of fighter is Kharitonov?
    Fedor: Kharitonov is a good fighter and is very talented. We did things together for long time as members of the same team and did training together. He will for sure trouble many fighters in Pride.

Choro: Well, General Manager Mr. Takada referred to fighter Nakamura of Yoshida Dojo as the “Japanese Fedor”. What do you think about that?
    Fedor: I would be glad if Japanese fighters become stronger and be able to appeal globally. I think this is a very important step for the development of MMA.

Choro: Can you name one Japanese fighter that you wish to fight with at PRIDE?
    Fedor: I should say Mr. Nakamura, since Mr. Takada calls him “Japanese Fedor” I think it would be interesting to fight myself. (lol)

Choro: I see. (laughs) What is your primary goal at this moment?
    Fedor: I think everybody knows that.

Choro: I can perhaps imagine, but can I listen to your words?
    Fedor: My goal is nothing but winning the Pride Grand Prix. My motivation is to beat all enemies in front of me and to be invincible and never be defeated.
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer