Zeige Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 10

Thema: BJJ Ratschläge

Registrierungsdatum
    Blog-Einträge

Standard BJJ Ratschläge

Von BJJEE geklaut, weil für gut befunden:

Wear a mouthpiece.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, wearing a mouthpiece would be it. The long-term benefits of mouthpieces have been proved by scientists and martial artists all over the world, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the light-heartedness of being a beginner. Oh, never mind. You will not understand it until it has faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now how many possibilities lay before you.

You are not as clumsy on the mat as you imagine.

Don’t worry about the future. Or choose to worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to defend a choke by holding your breath. The real troubles on your Jiu-Jitsu journey are going to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind of things that blindside you at 10 a.m. on competition day.

Do one thing every day that scares you.

Roll.

Don’t be reckless with your training partners. Don’t put up with people who are reckless with you.

Wrestle.

Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself.

Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old team photos.

Stretch.

Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to achieve in Jiu. The most interesting grapplers I know didn’t know after 3 years of training where they were heading. Some of the most interesting black belts I know still don’t.

Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees. You’ll miss them when they’re gone.

Maybe you’ll get promoted, maybe you won’t. Maybe you’ll have students on your own, maybe you won’t. Maybe you’ll stop training after a month, maybe you’ll roll with your grandchildren on your 75th birthday. Whatever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half decided by chance. So are everybody else’s.

Enjoy your body. Use it every way you can. Don’t be afraid of it or of what other people think of it. It’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own.

Move, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room.

Read instructionals, even if you don’t follow them.

Do not read sports magazines. They will only make you feel lazy.

Get to know your instructors, but don’t idolize them. They know more about Jiu than you do, but they are not superior to you in other areas of life.

Be nice to your friends on the mat. They’re your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that training partners come and go, but a precious few you should hold on to.

Do competition sparring, but mix it up before it makes you too tense. Do flowrolling, but mix it up before it makes you too soft.

Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Martial Art Stars will talk trash. You, too, will get old. And when you do, you’ll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, the stars of your time were noble and white belts respected their teachers.

Respect your teachers.

Don’t expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you are gifted with superior genetics. Maybe you are a hard worker. Maybe you are obsessed with the art. But you never know if you might hit a wall someday.

Don’t let others mess too much with your ears or by the time you’re 40 they will look like semi-digested meat loafs.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

But trust me on the mouthpiece.

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/preci...you-train-bjj/

Your take?
    Frank Burczynski

HILTI BJJ Berlin
    https://www.hiltibjj.de

http://www.jkdberlin.de

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Ich hab jetzt nicht jeden Punkt überprüft, aber den Artikel im Großen und Ganzen hat Bert schon Anfang 2017 auf bloody elbow gepostet (Link unten). Nachdem er mir den Link geschickt hat, habe ich mich bemüßigt gefühlt, meine eigenen Tipps und Tricks zu schreiben, die ich ihm dann prompt retour geschickt habe. Er hat mich damals bestärkt, sie irgendwo zu veröffentlichen, aber ich habe sie aus irgendwelchen Gründen in der Schublade gelassen. Wie auch immer, hier sind sie (gleichfalls auf Englisch):

13 Things I should have learned by now about grappling
    by Period

Back in early 2017, my buddy Bert (by now BJJ black belt under Martin Guggi, going by the nick of Grapplecat on Bloody Elbow) sent me a link to an article he wrote a couple of weeks ago: „Advice probably just wasted on the white belts“ (link: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/2/3/...he-white-belts). I found it very thought-provoking, so it prompted me to write my own bits and pieces of advice with, I dare say, a slightly less philosophical outlook. They are based on the last 9 years that I spent in Greco and Freestyle wrestling (with some Sambo and Judo training sprinkled on top), the hours of training I put in (sometimes over 20 per week), the injuries I suffered and caused, the fights I won and the fights I lost, the awesome coaches I had and have, the great people I had the chance to exchange techniques and thoughts with during this time, and the things I learned from them as a fighter and a person. So, without further ado, here they are.
    __________________________________________________ __

Drill – correctly. Know that training doesn't make perfect, perfect training makes perfect, great training makes geat, and good training makes good. Drill with partners, drill alone, drill with rubber bands, drill with a dummy. Drill fresh, dead tired, happy and sad. Drill till you get it right in your sleep, until you can't do it wrong even if you try. Then drill some more, just in case.

Spar – with changing partners. Spar with all kinds of people – below, on the same level and above you in skill, speed, strength and endurance, with the flowy guys and the hard bastards. And adapt to them all. You need people below your level to try new stuff on, people at your level to measure yourself and people above your level to show you where you are lacking. Some days, try to match them in their strengths as much as possible; some days, try to play it tatically. You don't need to win in training, you need to improve. And spar responsibly – even a legendary sparring session is rarely ever worth two months of forced time off from training.

Compete. While this may be controversial, I found that at least I never put in as much effort as in the two months before an important competiton (and I consider myself a very ambitious person in all aspects of life, so that should tell you something). In my experience, competing has a lot of positive impact on the learning process – including the extra attention to detail and the emotional support that competitors get from training partners and coaches, the people you meet and the friends you make. If nothing else motivates you, think about this: in Sambo, I was taught the theory that your trust in your technical arsenal will depend on the times you used it correctly, and proportionally to the state of excitement you were in at that time – including the perceived difficulty of your opponent (a submission you used sucessfully on a black belt you will probably trust more than one you used on three newbies). Competiton is generally the highest state of excitement that grappling has to offer (short of fighting to the death in dark back alleys), so it means your trust in your techniques has the highest chance of improving there. From my experience, I tend to agree. This doesn't mean you have to compete at every opportunity whether you are prepared or not, but I would try to get at least a couple of competitive fights per year.

Focus on technique chains rather than single techniques. Know that a single technique on it's own is rarely ever going to cut it, except if you are waaaay faster or stronger than the other guy (in which case you will most likely win o matter what you do). Instead, it's important to know how to get to certain techniques, and to automatically flow into the next appropriate technique whether the first one succeeds or not, exploiting the new situation immediately. Have at least one such technique chains for each major position (e.g. stand-up, guard, guard-pass, submissions from various positions) and drill it relentlessly. A technique chain should be at least „three moves deep“ in linear direction, however, it can easily link 20 techniques together if you count all the various links and variations; 5-10 techniques in total are more common, though, since you should arrive to a point where you can transition to the next technique chain (ideally straight to pin or submission, but realistically, a lot of your actions will just rock the opponent and bring you back to neutral; that's ok, just keep him on his toes). Also, keep this in mind when drilling.

Do your best to dictate the match, and practice that in training. Force your pace onto your partners and opponents. Play for position, for tie-ups, for attack, and don't forget to lure them into traps. Run your technique chains relentlessly. Learn from both success and mistakes.

Don't modify too early. It has a reason that the basics are taught first, and chances are, you don't know yet how the entire system works. Wait some until you start modifying the techniques or tactics you are taught – no sooner than you have a good grasp of the system and are ready to tailor it to yourself (probably though, that impression will still come too soon, so wait some more). This also goes true for other things – like fitness programs.

Make your strengths stronger and your weaknesses less weak. A gem of wisdom from my former coach (one of the best I ever had). It will be close to impossible to „turn your weaknesses into strengths“ due to the time you'd need to bring them to the front of your physical and tactical makeup, plus logically, you'd have to neglect your strengths in the meantime. You shouldn't need me to tell you that's no good. Instead, work on BOTH your strengths and weaknesses continuosly. Also, look at this from a technical point of view: in wrestling, I was taught that a fighter only really needs 3-10 techniques (or rather, one or two technique chains) for each standard situation (stand-up and top position in parterre; in bottom position of wrestling parterre, you're mostly supposed to just tough it out and keep moving) that he can apply at will in competition. HOWEVER, each ranking wrestler is expecteted to be able to demonstrate the full arsenal of techniques in training. How come? Well, you can't find out what works for you unless you try. And besides, maybe you'll be coaching one day – and what works for me doesn't necessarily work for you.

Know how to use Pareto's Principle correctly. While 20% of your work giving you 80% of results may sound tempting, if you want to breathe the thin air at the top, remember that 20% are a lot of distance – and you will need to put in the work to make up for any existing gaps (see below). Also, while say, arm bars and rear naked chokes (let's call that 20% for your submission arsenal) may count for 80% of your submissions, guess what? Without setups, the number of fights you'll win with these alone is a big fat zero. See where I am going with this? Memorize your technique chains and always have both a support system and a back-up plan in place.

Know that everything has its price. This goes true for the time you spend in the gym, as well as for the time you don't spend in the gym. It goes true for every avoidable injury that occurs, and for every injury you don't allow to heal fully. Whether you have a late start in grappling or not, you will improve faster if you spend more time doing it – but the risk of injury will increase, especially if you add more hard sparring, more hard conditioning etc. Speeding up your way to success will work for some time, but it takes a toll – it may have long-lasting consequences, meaning that eventually, it can cut your competitve career way short. Also know that some people are aware of this and ok with this process – they want to be the best they can while still in their prime and will most likely never get there in time unless they take bigger risks. I've known people who have sacrificed health, wealth and relationships for this sports – hell, I've done all of that myself to some extent, and I can't say I regret it. Also know that regardless of what approach you choose – whether you want to be king of the hill at 25 or old grandmaster at 75 – your body is yours to do with whatever you want. However, there is a price to everything, and you should spend some time thinking about what you want, about what what you are and aren't willing to pay.

Put in the time. As far as I'm concerned, the 10.000 hours-rule still applies – you will need to put in the time on your way to greatness, and when you put in the time will decide whether you reach a high technical level at 25 or at 75. However, as stated above, it also makes a difference wether you put in the time and come out slightly or very beat-up.

Keep in the best shape you can – without interfering with your mat training. Focus on things that make you better in your sport, but remember you need a broad base – don't neglect anything, neither strength, nor endurance, nor flexibility, nor agility. There's always something you can do to improve, no matter where or how beat-up you are. However, also know that your fitness training should NEVER leave you injured – you get messed up enough on the mat already.

Don't be a big fish in a small pond, unless that's all you want to be. If you continue to work and improve, the time may come when your coach can't teach you anymore, or you have nobody to challenge you anymore in your club – which means you'll most likely stop improving. Maybe you'll even enjoy that for some time, but know it has a price as well. So, if you want to keep growing, you'll have to think outside the box. Go to seminars. Invite new training partners to your gym. Maybe even go train with other clubs near and far. Either make your pond bigger or find a bigger pond.

Give something back. Success is one thing – and often fleeting. Same goes for the people you meet – coaches, training partners und friends will come and go, and sometimes, there is little you can do about that (well, except for wearing the scars you owe them with pride, and promise to see them in Valhalla or whatever afterlife you like to believe in). Therefore and nonetheless, I recommend enjoying your training process as far as you can. At least for me, getting lasting joy from rough combat training doesn't work without the people around me (there are things I enjoy about it, like the exhaustion, the flow, and the match up of two living bodies. Other things, I don't mind, but I don't actively enjoy, so it is helpful to have some counterbalance). I am used to the Eastern-Block idea that your team is part of your family, and I guess that's part of the reason I got hooked on grappling. Help out your teammates and coaches whenever and however you can. If you are in a position to give pointers, feel free to do so (unless your coach disapproves). If you aren't – well, there's a lot of possibilities. Maybe you can help somebody get to training or home fom training. Maybe you have time to train with somebody in their free time. Maybe you can listen to people when they talk about their problems. Maybe you could shake everybody's hand when meeting and let them feel that you are sincerely happy to see them. Hey, I had fun running the youth training for some time, split lumber with one of my coaches in his stretch of the woods, and help my current coach learn German. And if nothing else comes to mind, you can always help clean the gym.

All the best
    Period.

Registrierungsdatum
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Super, danke!
    Frank Burczynski

HILTI BJJ Berlin
    https://www.hiltibjj.de

http://www.jkdberlin.de

jimmy-13 Gast

Standard

Yeah, absolut super Anregungen, Gedanken und Erfahrungen.
    Da hab ich was zum schmökern für ne Weile.

Droom Gast

Standard

Richtig geiler Input, Danke für den Thread !!!

Leider bei dem was alles schon gepostet wurde, nur kaum noch was das man irgendwie ergänzen könnte

Narexis Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Droom Beitrag anzeigen
    Richtig geiler Input, Danke für den Thread !!!
    +1.

Ich fände es toll und wünschenswert, wenn der Faden nicht in der Versenkung verschwinden würde...

(Wobei mir die Ratschläge fast zu "allgemein" sind und ich doch die Hoffnung hatte, da noch etwas (mehr) "Grapplingspezifisches" bzw. Neues mitzunehmen . Andererseits halte ich viele der Ratschläge für so wichtig - und das Sportarten übergreifend -, dass ich’s fast schon schade finde, dass es nur in diesem Unterforum steht.)

Wie auch immer: Danke, viele Punkte kann man nicht oft genug betonen und ich persönlich finde es toll, so viele der Punkte weiterhin auch im BJJ beibehalten zu können. (Nur an das mit den Photos werde ich mich wohl nie gewöhnen .)

LG

Vom Tablet gesendet.

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Narexis Beitrag anzeigen
    (Wobei mir die Ratschläge fast zu "allgemein" sind und ich doch die Hoffnung hatte, da noch etwas (mehr) "Grapplingspezifisches" bzw. Neues mitzunehmen .
    Was für Dich neu ist kommt drauf an, was vom Alten Du schon kennst Ich könnte hier zum Beispiel Dan Gable einfließen lassen mit zeitlosen Zitaten wie (wenn ich paraphrasieren darf) "whenever you touch his legs, he better go down!" oder "when he touches your head, make him pay!". Die Vollversion gibts hier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TqV...85F411A67509CE

Vielleicht mache ich ja die nächste Version mit kommentierten Zitaten von diversen Ringer-Größen

Beste Grüße
    Period.

Narexis Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von period Beitrag anzeigen
    Was für Dich neu ist kommt drauf an, was vom Alten Du schon kennst .
    Spielverderber... (/e: Dabei genieße ich doch das Anfängerdasein im BJJ so .)
    (Wobei es mich natürlich auch nicht wirklich wundert, dass sehr viele der Ratschläge so für meinen Sport gelten - und es evtl. auch so abstrakt formuliert ist, dass es in dem Kontext passt.)

Ich könnte hier zum Beispiel Dan Gable einfließen lassen mit zeitlosen Zitaten wie (wenn ich paraphrasieren darf) "whenever you touch his legs, he better go down!" oder "when he touches your head, make him pay!". Die Vollversion gibts hier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TqV...85F411A67509CE
    Danke! (Gerne noch mehr. Sowas meinte ich, klasse.)

Vielleicht mache ich ja die nächste Version mit kommentierten Zitaten von diversen Ringer-Größen
    Das würde ich zu gerne erleben . Die Idee wird unterstützt.

LG

Vom Tablet gesendet.

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Einer noch, dann ist aber genug für heute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0yJ...sYTE2E0Q2xMoyp

Und das Wort zum Sonntag: "Drilling all day. I would say a guy who drills 3x a week has a serious advantage over a guy who drills 2x and lifts 2x. When you are talking casuals and hobbyists, technique is king." (Matt Holt, 18-1-27)

Beste Grüße
    Period.

Johnny99 Gast

Standard

Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Den finde ich besonders gut

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer