Zeige Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8

Thema: Jesse Glover über Wing Chun, BJ und den Wert von hartem Training

Registrierungsdatum

Standard Jesse Glover über Wing Chun, BJ und den Wert von hartem Training

Hab gerade mal eine alte Mail von 1999 von Jesse Glover gefunden (wir haben damals öfters mal geschrieben). Vielleicht ganz interessant.

Firefox_Screenshot_2024-02-27T09-09-25.080Z.png

Registrierungsdatum
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Das passt auf praktisch jeden Kampfkunst, die ich kenne. Nicht nur aufs JKD ...
    Frank Burczynski

HILTI BJJ Berlin
    https://www.hiltibjj.de

http://www.jkdberlin.de

Registrierungsdatum

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Björn Friedrich Beitrag anzeigen
    Vielleicht ganz interessant.
    Sogar sehr interessant!

Registrierungsdatum

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Question 1:
    Jesse as a man with nearly fifty years of martial arts experience I think that you are not too impressed with all the hype about so called new, deadly or secret fighting styles. In your opinion, what is the essence of true martial arts.

Answer:
    I have been in and around martial arts for quite a while. During this period, I have seen enough good people from many different systems to be able to say that each of the major system taught in the world today and some of the minor ones have at least a few practitioners who are world-class. By world-class I mean that they can kick, punch and grapple with great speed and power and are capable of hurting anyone. I am not sure what you mean when you ask what is the essence of martial arts. I read this as a philosophical question and those I tend to shy away from. Let me just say that people come to martial arts for many different reasons. To learn how to protect themselves, to see if they can master what they are studying, to develop a parallel to life in order to test ideas and to learn some measure of self-control. I am sure that this list can be expanded to include hundreds, if not thousands of other reasons that people come to martial arts. I am sure that most of these people feel that they are in pursuit of what they consider to be the essence of true martial arts.

Question 2:
    I know that you see yourself today mainly as a teacher( I think you are still a great fighter too) so what is the best attitude that a student should have when he's starting his training?

Answer:
    I am too old to be a fighter, and I have never thought of myself as great in any respect. I think that I am a better than average teacher, and I am happy with that. I think that anyone seeking training from another human being should take the time to learn the outline of whatever it is that is being taught before they start asking critical questions or start telling the teacher what it is that they want to learn. I am constantly amazed by the fact that many people want to tell their teacher how they think that they should be taught.

Question 3:
    From your books, I know that you stress very much physical training. Tell us how important are physical attributes somebody has beside his technical skills?

Answer:
    Naturally if someone comes to martial arts training, and they are athletic they are probable going to progress much quicker than the average person. The thing that balances things out for the average person is that generally, people who start out with a lot of natural ability soon get bored. They are often short on staying power. I think that people should develop whatever type of body they bring to the training. I also think that all technical skills in martial arts grow out of a physical base. If one doesn't have the necessary endurance to train long enough to ingrain the various movements in his neural system, it is going to take a long, long time before he can develop any technical skills. Martial arts people generally look at the best fighters and movers in a style and imagine that in a few months they will be moving with the same skill that the top people are able to display. The truth is that such people are generally professionals who train at what ever it is that they practice much like a normal person works a job. Someone who is training twice a week is never going to be able to move like the best people in a style unless they are natural athletes. Even then, they are going to have to increase the number of hours that they train.
    Question 4:
    What made Bruce Lee so good?

Answer:
    Bruce lee was good because of genetics, his teachers and the amount of training that he did. Many people practice for years and don't get very good because they don't really practice that hard. They may have been doing something for several years, but they haven't trained at it very hard. They never do enough repetitions to really make the techniques theirs. By this I mean that while they can show things in slow motion, they haven't practiced them enough to actually be able to use them in a fight or even demonstrate them at full speed. The things that they can do aren't reflexive.

Question 5:
    What is the most important thing when it comes to self defense?

Answer:
    Deciding that you have no choice but to fight, and then giving it your all. I think that a person's first line of defense is his brain. He should use it to keep him out of bad situations. By this I mean stay away from places where fights are likely to happen.

Question 6:
    What are your thoughts about fear?

Answer:

Fear does play an important role in fighting. Some of the best fighter that I have known were often driven to win by their fear. Fear made them much stronger and much more savage than they normally were. I remind my students that fear is a natural thing. To be unafraid of something that has the capacity to hurt or kill you is not a normal reaction. There are a few people who truly don't experience fear and even joyfully engage in dangerous activities, but these people are not the norm. The only way that I know to offset fear is to train until ones' moves are reflexive. Then it is possible to respond in a meaningful way even when one is afraid. If one's method of defenses require a lot of thinking in order to work, one has a very good chance of losing. The truth is that when soldiers train for battle, they have little idea of how they will react during actual combat. Their hope is that they will be trained well enough so that do what they have been taught to do. This is also true for martial artist.

Question 7:
    What are the most important things in life for you?

Answer:
    They think that I think are the most important in life are, not doing things to others that you won't want done to you, living your life the way you want to with the only restriction that you are not stepping on others in order to do it. Being as honest as you can be with your self, and never believe your own press. By this I mean that you should know yourself well enough that you aren't impressed by what people say about you. You should know who you are and what you are about, and you shouldn't need anyone to tell you these things.

Question 8:
    How you want to be remembered?

Answer:
    I don't think that I want to be remembered for anything. The friends that I leave behind when I die will probable remember the good times that we had, but I don't really care if people remember me or not. People have their own lives to live, and I would rather that they focus on what is important to them rather than think too much about someone who isn't here. I hope that when I die that I will have done most of the things that I want to do, but I feel that there are many many things to do and a very very short time to do them in.

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

1+ Danke für's teilen!
    Viele Grüße
    Thomas
    https://www.thiele-judo.de/portal/

The reality is, you can say ANYTHING you want. You just have to be willing to face the consequences of your choice.

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Danke für die Einblicke! JG war echt eine Inspiration! So einfach, so authentisch und nahbar.

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer