Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Zeige Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 17

Thema: Artikel: WING CHUN & MY UNCLE, YIP MAN

Chris Stein Gast

Standard Artikel: WING CHUN & MY UNCLE, YIP MAN

Hier ein schöner Artikel über das Leben Yip Mans von seinem Neffen Lo Man Kam:

__________________________________________________ ____________

WING CHUN & MY UNCLE, YIP MAN:
    A LO MAN KAM NARRATIVE
    Yip Man’s real name was Ki Man. He was a native of Foshan in Kwangtung. He was the
    second child born in the family, living on Fook Yin Road in the Mulberry Gardens of
    Foshan. His is a well-known family in that area. Next door to his house is a famous
    Teahouse of Foshan, Tou Yun Gue. Also next door is a famous bakery, Gow Hing Long.
    The houses of Mulberry Gardens are very big, and Mulberry Gardens itself is very large
    and well known in Foshan.
    I was born in Hong Kong and grew up there. My mother was Yip Man’s sister. During
    World War II and the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong, I went to Foshan to live with my
    uncle in Mulberry Gardens. At that time, I met and studied with my uncle every day. My
    mother regularly told me stories of Uncle Yip’s great boxing accomplishments. As a youth,
    this inspired me, especially in view of the difficult time in which we were living.
    At the age of seven, my uncle became one of the students of Master Chan Wah Shun. Master Chan was old at the time and rarely taught students himself. Yip Man was his last. Since Yip became Master Chan’s closed door disciple, Master Chan developed a great liking for him. Yip Man’s elder fellow students, Ng Choun Su, Lar Ru Chi, and Chan Ru Man, all took care of the young Yip Man.
    The tuition of Master Chan was very high: each student had to pay a few ounces of silver. The common man at the time could not afford such a cost, so Master Chan’s students only numbered in the teens. This is also why Wing Chun is known as the rich person’s kung fu. Six years later, Master Chan was near death. Before he died, he ordered his student Ng Choun Su to teach his younger students. Master Yip Man followed the elder fellow-student for three years. At the age of sixteen, Master Yip went to Hong Kong to study English at St. Steven’s College. There he was introduced by a classmate to the second son of Mr. Leong Jan, Leung Bik. The two studied together for three years and perfected the art of Wing Chun.
    Among his fellow students, Yip Man got along best with Mr. Yun Ke Shan, who is the student of Mr. Ng Choun Su. Both Yip and Yun are the same age and often spent time together. While at Yip Man’s house, Mr. Yun met Yip’s son, Yip Chun. Mr. Yun was very impressed by Yip Chun, so he taught him the first form of Wing Chun, “Shaolin Tao.” During the early years of the Chinese Republic, Foshan had a yearly festival called “Autumn Scenes.” One year Yip Man and his wife went to see the festival. While there, an officer of the military tried to take advantage of Mrs. Yip. At the time, Yip was wearing a long gown with cloth shoes. His stature was not tall, and he looked more like a gentleman than a fighter. The officer figured he was weak and helpless, so he became more daring and offensive. My uncle immediately
    resorted to the “simultaneous attack and defence” technique of Wing Chun, and the officer was knocked to the floor immediately. The officer then took out his revolver, but uncle grabbed its barrel and used the strength of his thumb to break the trigger, rendering it useless.
    When the Japanese occupied Foshan, the military police caught wind of Yip Man’s reputation and invited him to become their coach. But he refused from the standpoint of righteousness. That angered the Japanese greatly, to the point that they ordered another kung fu master, surnamed Leung, to challenge Master Yip Man. Yip Man accepted only after being asked many times. Master Leung thought his punch very powerful and used it against Master Yip. Yip Man immediately executed the Wing Chun “Horse Stance and Kwan Sao” to defend himself, and then turned around and kicked Master Leung to the ground. After this occurrence, Yip Man left Foshan due to the increased pressure the Japanese placed on him. However, he still continued helping the Chinese government suppress the Japanese. After the Japanese resistance, Uncle Yip did not teach Wing Chun, but worked at the police department. In order to rid the area of evil and protect the people, Master Yip solved many crimes, including the Foshan Sar Ton Fon Street Robbery, and caught the robber in Sing Ping Theater. Master Yip Man continued his position as leader of the military patrol of south Kwang Chow until the collapse of Mainland China.

With the mainland lost, my uncle left Foshan for Hong Kong. There he was introduced to Mr. Lee Min, who later helped Yip establish a Wing Chun school at the Mess Union in Da Nan Street, Kowloon. At the beginning, the followers were Lee Min, Leung Chan, Lou Yue, and myself. We had no more than ten students. Mr. Lee is not only a student but also a good friend with my uncle. Later on, Shu Sun Tin and Yip Bue Shing also followed uncle. The students kept increasing to the point that in 1954 Master Yip Man left the Mess Union to establish a kung fu institute at Hia Ten Street, Deep Water Bay, Kowloon. The other students and I followed as usual. At that time, uncle had to leave two or three times a week in order
    to teach the students of a union at Hollywood Road and Tai Wong Temple at Queen’s Road, East Wanchai. The students kept increasing, so uncle moved the institute from Hia Ten Street to Lee Da Street to Lee Jenwou Village to Hing Yip Building. But he did not openly advertise for students. One would have to be introduced or know a follower. Bruce Lee was introduced by Mr. Cheung Jwo Hing to learn Wing Chun when the institute was at Lee Da Street.
    The way of Yip Man’s instruction depended on every student’s degree of knowledge, natural ability, personal habits, and interests. Yip Man’s great innovation was to personalize instruction by making each student’s progress dependent on his own habits and will to succeed. The strength of Yip Man at over seventy was no less than that of a young man. About nine years ago, robberies occurred frequently in Hong Kong. One night when Yip Man was taking a walk, two thugs with knives tried to rob him. It only took Yip Man a few kicks to knock them out of the way. My uncle encouraged me in 1956 to travel to Taiwan and establish a Wing Chun clan there. Also, I received sponsorship from President Chiang Kai-shek in
    this regard. I was then representing the young people of Hong Kong. I began to miss my home in Hong Kong and tried to return, but my uncle scolded me for coming back. Yip Man thought it was too great a chance to pass by. In 1960, my uncle commanded me to make my permanent home in Taiwan, and I have remained here ever since then. I returned to Taiwan to serve my country by enrolling in a military school and learning the art of war as a field commander.
    Now that I think about it, I realize Yip Man’s intention in sending me back to Taiwan was that I should devote myself to this country and keep Wing Chun prospering here. His wish is today being fulfilled, for there are French, American, English, South African, Australian, East African, and West German students learning here.
    During the Asian and World Kung Fu contests, the members of the Wing Chun sport team have received high honours, thus helping the Wing Chun style to prosper around the world. Because of my obligations in Taiwan, I was unable to attend my uncle’s funeral. What the people outside our area have never learned is that the authentic disciples of Yip Man, such as myself, were the only ones entitled to wear the black band of mourning around their waists. Indirect students were entitled only to wear black bands around their arms. Since the death of Yip Man, confusion has continued to expand related to all matters associated with Wing Chun. I have chosen to respect the traditional Chinese ethic and my uncle’s memory by avoiding argument and conflict with all those people who claim to be the new head of Wing Chun
    Clan. My uncle taught that Wing Chun is not for sale. Students may apply for lessons, and each student can make his own decision about which exponent teaches the boxing most suited for him.
    Contact Information
    Sifu Lo Man Kam teaches in Taipei, Taiwan. For more info on him, he may be contacted at:
    Sec. 3 Pa Te Road, Alley 51, Lane 12, Number 3, 4th Floor
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Republic of China
    Tel: 011-86-6-7522405

__________________________________________________ ___________

Beste Grüße
    Chris

smithy Gast

Standard

Wollte nur kurz den/einen link zum Artikel posten, da der Threadersteller keinen gepostet hat

Link zu Artikel

Regards,
    Smithy

MK Gast

Standard

...auch zu finden in dem Buch 'Grandmaster Yip Man Centenary Birth' von 1993.
    Stehen noch einige Artikel drin.

Chris Stein Gast

Standard

So ist das,
    was diese historischen Dinge betrifft,
    bin ich immer hinter der Zeit...
    Bin eben doch mehr ein Mann der Praxis,
    statt der Theorie und der "Histörchen"...

MK Gast

Standard

Bei Deinen Aktivitäten eigentlich schwer zu glauben.
    Gruß
    Michael

Chris Stein Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von MK
    Gruß
    Michael

Du Michael,
    ich bin Lehrer....
    Vormittags recht und am Nachmittag frei!

Chris Stein Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von MK
    Gruß
    Michael
    Ach, und Michael....

Über jemanden etwas glauben, heißt nicht,
    dass man etwas über ihn weiß

Aber die Diskussion hatten wir beide ja schon mal -
    bei Philipp, im (alten) Forum - wo du dir auch ein Urteil über mich erlaubt hast,
    ohne etwas von mir zu wissen

Aber, Spaß beiseite...für das, was du sonst so schreibst, hast du meinen vollen

Gruß
    Christoph

PS: Gute Statistiken lügen nicht:

MK: Beiträge: 990 (0,82 Beiträge pro Tag)

Chris Stein: Beiträge: 34 (0,11 Beiträge pro Tag)

Geändert von Chris Stein (02-05-2006 um 19:45 Uhr)

LoManKam Gast

Standard

Den Artikel findet man in Deutsch in dem Buch

"Siu Lim Tao" der Lo Man Kam Association Deutschland. Autor Marc Debus
    ISBN: 393731296X
    In jedem Buchladen, bei Amazon oder auf der Homepage der Lo Man Kam Association erhältlich.

Der Orginaltext stammt aus einer taiwanesischen Zeitung und wurde von unserem Mitschüler John Kang in s Englische übertragen und bereits in verschiedenen Zeitungen abgedruckt.

Gantenbein Gast

Standard

@LoManKam

师傅,你好!

我很惊讶你会写德语。你总是让我十分惊喜。衷心祝愿你一切都好,并且好高兴不久之后能再次见到 你。

衷心的问候

Frank

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Dann sollte es wohl eher "Übersetzer: Marc Debus" als "Autor: Marc Debus" heissen. Aber Klauerei wird in Deutschland gerne mal mit dem launigen Kommentar "Sei doch froh daß wir Dein Manuskript veröffentlichen!" begründet. Ich weiß nicht mehr wer es war, aber irgendein Fritze aus der Richtung "Teutonische LMK-Assoziation des Todes aus dem Süden" wollte auch einfach mal Michael Hanamuras Manuskripte in "eigenen" Büchern veröffentlichen, weil, der wurde ja mit dem eigenen nicht fertig ... Ungefragt natürlich, und mit dem eigenen Namen drüber.

LoManKam Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Klaus
    Dann sollte es wohl eher "Übersetzer: Marc Debus" als "Autor: Marc Debus" heissen. Aber Klauerei wird in Deutschland gerne mal mit dem launigen Kommentar "Sei doch froh daß wir Dein Manuskript veröffentlichen!" begründet. Ich weiß nicht mehr wer es war, aber irgendein Fritze aus der Richtung "Teutonische LMK-Assoziation des Todes aus dem Süden" wollte auch einfach mal Michael Hanamuras Manuskripte in "eigenen" Büchern veröffentlichen, weil, der wurde ja mit dem eigenen nicht fertig ... Ungefragt natürlich, und mit dem eigenen Namen drüber.
    Es heißt auf dem Buch "Herausgeber". Wir hatten Michael damals nach Artikeln gefragt und haben "ungefragt" gar nichts gemacht. Eventuell solltest du uns unter persönlichen Nachrichten kontaktieren, wenn du etwas nicht verstanden hast !) Des weiteren hat Michael den Text laut unseren Informationen ebenfalls nur ins Deutsche übersetzt (frag ihn mal). Im Buch steht als Autor dieses Arrtikels Lo Man Kam. Der Artikel entstand in einem Interview mit einer taiwanesischen Zeitung. Die englische Version wurde von John Kang ins englische übersetzt. Da dies im Buch alles angegeben ist, ist und dein Vorwurf etwas unverständlich. Vieleicht solltest du das betreffende Buch lesen, dann wüßtest du, dass sich einige Artikel von Freunden und Sifu im Buch befinden. Diese sind in der Autorenschaft alle kenntlich gemacht. Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil ;-)

In den Büchern findet man unter allen Artikelüberschriften den jeweiligen Autor und wir sind froh, dass sich viele Lo Man Kam Lehrer, Sifu selbst etc. etc. an der Erstellung der Bücher beteiligen. Deshalb auch "Herausgeber"---beruhigt? !)

Frank, wir freuen uns dass du an Sifus Deutschkenntnisse glaubst, aber dies ist der "Username" der deutschen Lo Man Kam Association und wir schreiben in Deutsch, weil es uns beim Chinesischen ein wenig an Sachverstand gebricht. Sorry wenn wir dich einer Illusion berauben.
    Geändert von LoManKam (18-02-2007 um 11:43 Uhr)

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Ein Herausgeber ist kein Autor. Und die Geschichte mit Michael kenne ich, da kann ich auf weitere "Aufklärung" verzichten. Möge der Mantel des Schweigens wirken.

Hauser Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Klaus
    Da Marc mein Trainer ist, kann ich sagen, dass er zusammen mit Lo man kam das Buch erstellt hat. Er hat Lo man kam zu einigen Sachen direkt befragt und dieses dann übersetzt und vieles aus seinem Eigenen Wissen heruntergeschrieben.
    Das das Buch ausschließlich aus übersetzten Zeitungsausschnitten besteht ist schlichtweg falsch.

LoManKam Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Klaus
    Ein Herausgeber ist kein Autor. Und die Geschichte mit Michael kenne ich, da kann ich auf weitere "Aufklärung" verzichten. Möge der Mantel des Schweigens wirken.
    Ein hoch auf den "Wissenden". Wir freuen uns, dass du deine Wahrheit bereits gefunden hast. Da sind wir wirklich beruhigt und glücklich. Somit sind ja alle zufrieden. ....und das ein Herausgeber kein Autor ist, ist uns klar. Wir benutzten das Wort Herausgeber deshalb, weil von den 120 Seiten des Buches ca 15 Seiten von anderen Personen stammen. Da haben wir uns schon schwer viel Arbeit ersparrt..........
    Geändert von LoManKam (18-02-2007 um 11:45 Uhr)

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Ich glaube nicht daß die jeweiligen ehrlichen Personen daran interessiert sind einen Krieg vom Zaun zu brechen, darum halte ich mich mit Erwähnungen lieber zurück. Es ist aber ein altbekanntes Spiel von Leuten mit äusserst fragwürdigen Handlungen, sich je länger es her ist immer weniger zu erinnern, bis daß der Scheiß den man irgendwem zur Rechtfertigung als "seine" Version erzählt hat zur Wahrheit wird. Zur Not reichen Besuche bei den diversen Protagonisten aus, sich selbst ein Bild zu machen. Soll jeder selbst entscheiden. Mit dem von LMK selbst verfassten Artikel hat es ohnehin nichts zu tun.

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer