Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Zeige Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 28

Thema: Sehr interessantes Branko Cikatic Interview

Pedro Rizzo Gast

Standard Sehr interessantes Branko Cikatic Interview

Nachdem Branko Cikatic,einer der besten Kickboxer aller Zeiten zuletzt wg Morddrohung an Mirko Cro Cop s manager von sich hören lies, gibt es nun ein sehr langes Interview mit ihm.
    Dort sagt er einiges über sein Verhältnis zu Cro Cop, darüber das Pride korrupt ist; das sein Kampf gegen Maurice Smith für 250.000 Dollar absichtlich verloren hat damit K1 Kämpfer hinter Pride Kämpfer sind; darüber das Cro Cops Japan Manager ebenfalls mit der Mafi arbeitet u Mirko involviert ist...

Also sehr viel interessantes.

Branko Cikatic is undoubtedly a legend of Croatian combat sports and the first great fighter that has achieved world class success and glory. The interview with Cikatic would be easy to do with the goal to review his successes from which many years went by.

There a lot of world amateur and professional titles, starting way back in 1981 when he became a world champion in full contact in Miami Beach.

However, time lapse gives us the opportunity to objectively question many dilemmas that have troubled Branko’s fans and to examine some events that were shrouded with the veil of secret. This is the very goal of this interview.

You were a guest recently on K-1. I assume that an honorary place is always ready for you in Japan.

I was invited to Japan by the organizers. I was there last year, and I will an honorary guest there in the future, as a winner of the first K-1 tournament.

I enjoy a great respect in Japan. «K-1 Legend» tournaments are taking place in honour of all the winners, and the brochures and catalogues are being printed with my sports biography and while I am over there I always feel it quite well, especially on the street that they never forget their sports legends.

Besides an honorary seat, you have commitments as well. You have held lectures to the businessmen, and the seminars to the Japanese special forces.

I was invited from the Chamber of Commerce in Tokyo to hold a lecture about my approach to the business, and to teach the Japanese special forces fighting in Iraq about physical preparations.

I must admit that their superb conditioning surprised me. All are martial arts experts, and a good number of them have finished colleges that specialize exclusively in martial arts. Over there, it is perfectly normal to study Kyokushin karate or Judo or to even get a PhD. on the subject. Unfortunately, over here the situation is quite different. The athletes from that branch are identified with thugs, even though the thugs are not more and not less present in other sports and lines of work, just the same.

The bright exception is the doctorate «Structural analysis and model of the superb K-1 fighters» by Dr. Kabo Safet in which he covered and analysed in a very serious and through fashion the physical preparations of the K-1 fighters. I helped him as one of the main subjects of research. The Japanese and the Dutch have expressed their interest for the book.

Let us reminisce about the first K-1 tournament. You have finished all three fights with a knockout.

There were no qualifications for the tournament, but the organizers have selected the 8 strongest fighters in the world. I beat the representatives of 3 strongest countries with a strong fighting tradition. The Japanese Satake — the world champion in Kyokushinkai Karate, Thai Chang Puek — world champion in Thai boxing and a Dutch fighter Ernesto Hoost — world champion in Thai boxing, kickboxing and Savate box.

How did you come to K-1?

In our country, K-1 was an unknown term. Abroad, it was well known that it will be the tournament of the best fighters, but our media, which have ignored the combat sports anyways didn’t give any attention to it.

One year before the first tournament took place, I knew that the K-1 was confirmed and I was announced as a reserve fighter. At that time I had a fight against «Stand man» in Australia and I lost that fight in 12th round. The very same year I fought to a draw in Las Vegas vs. Denis Alexio who was in fact a candidate for a K-1 tournament. In the end, I took his place and ended up in Japan and smashed through my opponents.

As a professional you have 98 fights, 92 wins and 5 defeats and 1 draw. Which fight was most memorable to you?

Definitely a victory over Hoost in the finals of K-1. I also remember quite well the fight in Germany against Adrian Thompson. I lost a good chunk of skin on my shin and I also had a ruptured ear drum so I still feel the consequences of that match when I shower.

You have fought most of your fights for the Dutch school Chakuriki and Tom Harinck.

In the year 1981 in Miami, I have won the title of the amateur champion of the world in full contact. At the same time, Harinck was pronounced the best coach in the world so I decided to continue my career with him. Being that up until then I never trained in knee and elbow strikes, I got me quite a beating in Chakuriki. Since then we are inseparable. Tom was my best man at wedding and we are good friends to this day.

Why is Holland one of the worlds strongest fighter countries?

Many people from Thailand, Japan and other Asian countries live over there. Thais have brought Thai boxing and many took it up.

Harinck is among the first to go to Thailand where he had lived for a long time and fought. The experience and the knowledge came with him back in Holland and he started a new combat sports trend.

In Croatia, there were also enthusiasts such as Marijan Žižanović and Zoran Rebac (chief editor of the monthly magazine «Budo International») who have spent a lot of time in Thailand and Japan and have transferred their experience in Croatia.

Who else trained in Chakuriki, from our fighters?

I sent Emil Zoraj, Mirko Filipović and Rudan, little Jukić from Split. All of them have done something in that sport, but that was not «it». They didn’t last long in Amsterdam.

How does the Croatian Thai Boxing Federation function?

The Federation has functioned well until 2000. With regard that the president of the federation, Mr. Ante Gotovina was arrested, things slowed down a bit, but we are soon to become a member of the international federation for non-Olympic sports, so the things will get moving again. We also have a great national team that is scoring great results in competitions.

There are some complaints that the only members of the national team are members of «Tigar».

There are many rumours floating around, but it is not my fault that the others are not up to the level to enter the national team. I admit to having strong criteria, but in my place, we train seriously. We have professional, trained coaches and our gym is packed from morning till the evening.

I don’t want to underestimate anyone, but my results speak that I am the most competent for Thai Boxing and all that are of any worth in Croatia have come from «Tigar». I also recognize Žižanović and Rebac, but I don’t know the other trainers.

Recently, there was a meet Croatia vs. Thailand. Are there other events alike in the making?

Next year in the spring, Zagreb will be the host of the second meet between the national teams of Thailand and Croatia. There is also a plan for the organization of the greatest event of the martial arts in the world «Budo Gala» that should take place by the end of the following year. Chuck Norris and Van Damme are usually the commentators, but the details are still under negotiations.

What do you think of the growth of the popularity of free fight or ultimate fight? Can PRIDE overshadow K-1 in Japan?

If you follow the media, you can see that PRIDE is in great troubles. I have the translated texts from the Japanese daily papers that explain the criminal structure and the involvement of mafia in the PRIDE organization. There are mentions of Imai, Mirko Filipović’s manager.

Mafia is behind PRIDE. Imai is one of the owners and Mirko’s manager. Mirko is familiar with that from Japanese press. But pride will definitely not eclipse K-1.

How many fights did you have in PRIDE?

I had a four fight contract with PRIDE. First fight was in 1999. on PRIDE 1 vs. Ralph White whom I have KOd in first round. One can find incorrect information on the web that I have lost by verbal submission. In the second fight, the opponent was Mark Kerr from whom I have lost by disqualification because of the rope holding and elbow strikes to the head.

In the third worked fight, I have got an offer from $250,000 to lose against Maurice Smith, and in return was promised a fight against Rickson Gracie, which was my wish. With the worked fight, they wanted to humiliate the K-1/

The fourth fight was supposed to be against the Gracie, but Ken Imai with Orsat Zovko and Mirko Filipović had organized his famous interview, which we will talk about a bit later, so the fight was cancelled.

So how did the fight against Smith go?

I lost.

Did you get paid?

Yes, they paid. I took him down, he was on top of me, with out striking, no anything and I tapped. It can all be seen on the recording.

Well that is PRIDE! Here, the journalist of the most published Japanese papers, we can call him if you will, can say that the match for Cro Cop was a work! All the media were writing about that over there.

There were threats of murder and high money balances to Fedor’s manager and the result of that was that Fedor was a no show in the ring. Those are not my claims, that’s how the Japanese journalist Endo wrote.

Whom do you see as a successor in the ring?

The Japanese are frequently calling me and asking when will I send them a successor. I have presented Mirko to them in 1996 on K-1 as a potential even though he didn’t have a single professional match. On my word Mirko had a fight in Japan as my successor, and he paid that back to me in a very ugly way.

He gave to the Japanese papers an interview in which he stated a number of lies. That I have organized an attack on his coach at the time, offered him a fight till death in the cage, that I was arrested because of the crime involvement, which is all lies. He has trashed me in front of the Japanese audience and business partners.

All that took place in March 2000, right after the elections and the government shift in Croatia. That’s when the attacks on me begin.

You are often mentioned in media, but not in the sports context.

They are talking about me non stop. First it was that guy Čabo, and then Špika and then Šafranić, Čelan from Karate association. They would all like to be bigger than me. And I became the champion of the world when they didn’t even know where America is.

There is some journalists that I didn’t want to pay the "racket" to write about me so they have ganged up with you know whom and are talking trash about me all over the place.

I have been a successful athlete for a number of years. None of them who are attacking me today were heard of until they came to me. Everyone in Croatia who rises in whatever segment is right away under attack.

Mirko left Tigar gym on his own will?

I sent Mirko on his way because he was doing things that were not allowed, and were not in accordance with the ethics and the morale of the combat sports.

What were those things?

He knows them well. Many fighters went through my club. I have my own rules and laws that everyone has to obey.

Ask the world class fighters what is the relationship of them and their coach, with what respect they treat their coach. Harsh and ruthless discipline, but this sport demands that. I am trying to maintain that relationship in my club as well, but there are a few of those that can withstand that.

But some do withstand it. Who would you single out?

While I was in Split, Andrijašević used to come to me, Jukić too was a talent. In Zagreb I trained Emil Zoraj and Ivan Rudan.

Tigars representatives at the moment are Srđan Špirk, Ivan Posavec, Mario Valentić, Irena Dolenčić. There are some other juniors that have yet to prove themselves.

Rudan has recently stepped out in the media and accused you for the crash of his career.

I have signed the contract with Rudan for 5 years, three years ago, and made him a contract with the Japanese which expired in September this year. His first fight was in Japan in 2004 and he lost it by knock out in 20 seconds. That is a very important information with regard that the Japanese were committed to invest in his promotion over 50 000$.

He declined the second fight with argument that he is ill. He wasn’t ready for his third fight, Being the whole thing was very embarrassing for me, I have barred him to fight anywhere else. I was responsible for him and tied with a contract for paying the penalties in the case of not fulfilling my commitments.

The Japanese have found about his fight in Hungary. They have called me and sought explanation. I have managed to cover up the whole story under the excuse that I don’t know anything about it. Luckily, I was a good friend with that manager; otherwise I would have had great problems.

As far as I care, is a «free man» for the last three months. The contract with the Japanese has expired. Our contract is valid for another year, but as far as I am concerned, he is a free fighter. I am in no way barring him from fighting.

How is your family doing? Your oldest daughter is 20 now and she is doing athletics.

I have a pretty wife and beautiful children. My oldest daughter is track champion of Croatia on 800 and 1500m. I have two little kids as well. I own a security company «Tigar Cikatic» and I represent a German company for environment protection «Lambda». I am also active in my Muay Thai association and in the club

These are the things I do and that take up all of my daily time. Threats and provocations through the papers are not unnecessary to me, nor have I the time for them.

It took them two times to get you to take up acting?

The movie Skyscraper was recorded thanks to the fight I had in 1992. in Miami vs. Dennis Alexio (the actor from the movie «Kickboxer») and Van Damme was a commentator. I have already gotten the script to review under the name «The silent killer» in which I was to play leading role. Since I was quite busy at the time, I refused the role. After the K-1 tournament they had called me again and then we shot the «Skyscraper».

How is your conditioning? Is there going to be any other ventures like the one last year vs. Tanayama?

I train every day but Sunday. I am getting ready for the veteran fight that will take place some time in March next year.

And lastly, which one is a better movie: «Skyscraper» or «Ultimate 7»?

I don’t know, I didn’t see Ultimate 7. I only know that I shot the film in Hollywood with Hollywood actors, and not in the outskirts of Croatia.

Branko, thanks you for this interview

You are welcome.

Dein Meister Gast

Standard

so, das jetzt in Deutsch

Octagon Gast

Standard

Danke für die Info.

BenitoB. Gast

Standard

wird sicher einiges,wahres,dran sein. allerdings wäre man ein törichter mensch, würde man herrn cikatic alles glauben so verrückt wie im ring,soll er ja auch im realen leben sein

Octagon Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von bgoldberg
    wird sicher einiges,wahres,dran sein. allerdings wäre man ein törichter mensch, würde man herrn cikatic alles glauben so verrückt wie im ring,soll er ja auch im realen leben sein
    Verrückt war er nicht, nur ein Klopper!

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Mag sein, dass ein paar Sachen, die Cikatic erwähnte zutreffen.Aber er ist nicht gerade ein heiliger.

Octagon Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von prätor
    Mag sein, dass ein paar Sachen, die Cikatic erwähnte zutreffen.Aber er ist nicht gerade ein heiliger.
    In welcher Beziehung?

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Octagon
    In welcher Beziehung?
    Zumindest der Kämpfer Cikatic war gegen Kerr ein unglaubliches *********!
    Hat sich mehrmals an den Seilen festgehalten und Kerr den Ellbogen mit voller Wucht auf die Halswirbelsäule geschlagen. War eine der unsaubersten Aktionen die ich je im MMA gesehen habe. Schade das der Kampf nicht weiterging. Kerr hätte ihn plattgewalzt:

h*tp://***.**********.com/de/?d=6JVVNRUV

So selbstbewußt wie er sich da im Interview rückblickend beschreibt war er gegen Kerr zumindest nicht. Schon zu Beginn hat man bei ihm imho eindeutig die Angst vor Kerr gesehen und so hat er dann auch gekämpft. Technisch war er Welten von Crocop entfernt, was aber aufgrund der Weiterentwicklung im K1 auch kein Wunder ist.

Pedro Rizzo Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Francois
    Zumindest der Kämpfer Cikatic war gegen Kerr ein unglaubliches *********!
    Hat sich mehrmals an den Seilen festgehalten und Kerr den Ellbogen mit voller Wucht auf die Halswirbelsäule geschlagen. War eine der unsaubersten Aktionen die ich je im MMA gesehen habe. Schade das der Kampf nicht weiterging. Kerr hätte ihn plattgewalzt:

h*tp://***.**********.com/de/?d=6JVVNRUV

So selbstbewußt wie er sich da im Interview rückblickend beschreibt war er gegen Kerr zumindest nicht. Schon zu Beginn hat man bei ihm imho eindeutig die Angst vor Kerr gesehen und so hat er dann auch gekämpft. Technisch war er Welten von Crocop entfernt, was aber aufgrund der Weiterentwicklung im K1 auch kein Wunder ist.
    Du urteilst immer über die Kämpfer als ob du sie alle so gut kennen würdest. Ich muss dich nicht erinnernt, wie oft du schon mit Kampfprognosen danbeben gelegen hast hier auf dem Board.
    Cikatic hat vllt nicht so spektakulär gekämpft wie Cro Cop, aber wie kannst du behaupten, er wäre technisch Welten von Cro Cop entfernt?? Er hat Hoost mehrmals geschlagen und hat von ca 100 Kämpfen 5 verloren.
    Cro Cop ist der bessere MMA Kämpfer keine frage, aber Cikatic war Cro Cop im K1 in allen belangen überlegen

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Pedro Rizzo
    Du urteilst immer über die Kämpfer als ob du sie alle so gut kennen würdest.
    Ganz im Gegensatz zu dir natürlich.

Crocop hat das bessere Timing,Kicks,variablere Boxen und ist wesentlich beweglicher. Prime vs. Prime würde ich auch im K1 immer Crocop wählen. Das Cikatic kein Schlechter ist, ist logisch, aber ihm fehlt nunmal einiges zu einem Crocop. Wer das anders sieht soll mit seiner Sichtweise glücklich werden und hier nicht permanent den Oberchecker raushängen lassen (Na bemerkt wer gemeint ist Pedro ).

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Octagon
    In welcher Beziehung?
    Ich will die sportlichen Leistungen von Cikatic nicht schmälern.Er war der erste K1 Gewinner und hat jeden Kampf auf dem Turnier durch KO gewonnen.Hat unter anderem auch Hoost KO geschlagen.Er hat auch seine Schattenseiten(ausserhalb des Rings), die ich hier nicht breit treten will.

Octagon Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Francois
    Ganz im Gegensatz zu dir natürlich.

Crocop hat das bessere Timing,Kicks,variablere Boxen und ist wesentlich beweglicher. Prime vs. Prime würde ich auch im K1 immer Crocop wählen. Das Cikatic kein Schlechter ist, ist logisch, aber ihm fehlt nunmal einiges zu einem Crocop. Wer das anders sieht soll mit seiner Sichtweise glücklich werden und hier nicht permanent den Oberchecker raushängen lassen (Na bemerkt wer gemeint ist Pedro ).
    Er war im K-1 erfolgreicher als CroCop das ist Fakt!
    Cikatic war K-1 Champion, CroCop nicht!
    Die MMA-Karriere der beiden kann man nicht vergleichen,
    da Cikatic nur 3-4 Kämpfe gemacht hat.

Octagon Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von prätor
    Ich will die sportlichen Leistungen von Cikatic nicht schmälern.Er war der erste K1 Gewinner und hat jeden Kampf auf dem Turnier durch KO gewonnen.Hat unter anderem auch Hoost KO geschlagen.Er hat auch seine Schattenseiten(ausserhalb des Rings), die ich hier nicht breit treten will.
    Bist Du Kroate?

Superkicker Gast

Standard

Cikatic hatte eine sehr erfolgreiche Karriere und war in seiner Gewichtsklasse fast unschlagbar, rein sportlich also ein ganz Großer. Mir gefiel allerdings nie sein Kampfstil und technisch war er auch limitiert, machte viel mit Härte, Zähigkeit, Willen und Schlagkraft. Für mich disqualifizierte er sich mit einem Interview das er Anfang der Neunziger einem Kampfkunstmagazin gab. Dort bezeichnete er das klassische Kickboxen, welches er selbst sehr lange betrieben hatte, als überholt und limitiert, lobte dagegen Kickboxen mit Low-Kicks. Diese Kampfart liegt natürlich jemanden der nicht hoch kicken kann, dafür gerne voll Power anderen in die Beine tritt. Kämpfen mit Low Kick sei für ihn wie die Formel1 des Kampfsportes, Kickboxen ohne Low Kicks, insbesondere wie es bei der WAKO betrieben wird sein Kämpfen mit angezogener Handbremse. In Wahrheit war doch eher sein eigener Stil völlig limitiert, ohne Axtkick, Hookkick, Sidekick und viele Kombinationen, dafür nur hartes Boxen und Low Kicks. Das Leute auch mal Kämpfe mit sauberen vielfältigen Techniken a la Wallace, Mack oder Roufus sehen wollten und das nicht immer ein Fighter schmerzerfüllt zu Boden gehen muß konnte er nicht verstehen.

Octagon Gast

Standard

Das Interview war Ende der Achtziger wenn ich mich irre und
    zwar in der Karate-Budo-Journal.
    Er hat wortwörtlich gesagt das WAKO-Kickboxen,
    Kickboxen mit Pantoffeln war und er kann das als wAKO-Weltmeister
    am Besten beurteilen.
    Die meisten VK-Kickbox-Kämpfe sind auch nicht der Burner
    mit Ausnahmen wie Hoost vsRoufus oder Kaman vs Theriault etc..
    Kickboxen mit Lowkicks ist nunmal die Formel 1 im Kickboxen,
    sonst hätte Roufus auch nicht im K-1 mitgekämpft.

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer