Seite 6 von 8 ErsteErste ... 45678 LetzteLetzte
Zeige Ergebnis 76 bis 90 von 110

Thema: Ruhe in Frieden, Sifu Larry Hartsell August 15, 1942 - August 20, 2007

Sven K. Gast

Standard

Mist. Mein aufrichtiges Beileid und Mitgefühl.
    Darf man Fragen was er denn hatte ?

Bata Illic Gast

Standard ..

Auch von meiner Seite aufrichtiges Beileid.

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Hi,

leider konnte ich Larry Hartsell nie persönlich kennenlernen. Jetzt ist das Geschichte. Erst wenn jemand wie er gegangen ist, merkt man wie unersetzlich so ein Mensch eigentlich war.......
    Mein aufrichtiges Beileid und viel Kraft für die kommende Zeit!

Naphtali

Galaxy Gast

Standard

Hallo Frank,

mein Beileid für alle die ihm nahe standen mit tiefem Respekt!

Torsten

Registrierungsdatum
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Grüsse
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken
    Frank Burczynski

HILTI BJJ Berlin
    https://www.hiltibjj.de

http://www.jkdberlin.de

all-in-one Gast

Standard

Ich hatte das große Glück und durfte diesen Sommer ein paar Einheiten von ihm besuchen - man sah ihm seine Krankheit schon deutlich an, aber alle gingen von einer baldigen Genesung aus!

Herzliches Beileid an Dich Frank!

Tritt weiter so engagiert für das JKD in Deutschland ein und Du machst Sifu Larry damit alle Ehre!

Andi

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

für alle die ihn nicht kennen, ich hab das heute hier von nem myspace"freund' bekommen

This was a very good day for me with quite a few memories. It was a great learning session, we had a great time. During this seminar, I made Senior Full Instructor and to add to it all, this interview was made. Along with 100's of other experiences, it is a day I will never forget!
    Man, I really miss him!
    Pass this video around if you can so everyone can remember him! Thank you!

Ron Kosakowski

www.youtube.com/v/JhkqR3X6vyI
    www.figure8-ion.de
    "Zecken sind auch nur minderwertiges Geschmeiss"

Registrierungsdatum
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

A message from Rick Faye:

To my students, friends and all those connected to MKG in some way, I would like to take a few moments to honor my Teacher, friend and traveling companion: Sifu Larry Hartsell

For those of you who haven't heard, Sifu passed away on August 20th. Although we are all sad for our loss of this leader, teacher and friend, I would like to take a moment to remember some of the great times and important contributions he made to the JKD family and to me personally. I met Sifu Hartsell at the California Martial arts Camp in Irvine CA. I believe the year was 1982. His classes were fun and full of simple, effective drills. The concentration then was on Boxing and takedowns into holds (painful holds!!)

Sifu Hartsell became a regular at the original Kali Group (Washington Ave. School). He always stayed at the house with us and my memories of those days are great ones. I'm sure he would remember the haunted house incident, the BBQ's and of course the long talks over a couple beers. Sifu invited me overseas with him in 1984. We covered England, Scotland, Germany and Spain on a trip that lasted over 6 weeks. The learning experience was unbelievable. I remember wondering what was in the big green canvas bag (his from the military) only to find out he had brought dumb bells along!! I did my best to stay with it and he was very patient with me. Traveling with a rookie must have been tedious, We traveled many times over the next few years and it was a great experience each time. Sifu Inosanto said I was "paying my dues" . In truth I was being given the best of experiences and an introduction into a carrier. Through his contacts and encouragement I was able to start traveling on my own, eventually building a network and brining my family to many places around the world. Sifu Hartsell put so much time and effort into the promotion of this art. It is hard to overstate his contribution to the JKD family. He put in the miles, slept on couches and got paid much less than he was worth, all to promote this art. His loyalty and Respect for Sifu Inosanto has always served as a great example for all of us to follow. He really knew and appreciated what this art had to offer. He touched the lives of thousands of students. I will miss his smile, his soft spoken southern delivery, the long nights with many beers, the painful locks, the easy to understand advice, the simple but effective drills. Mostly I will just miss my teacher and friend.

For those of you who are new here, we at the Kali Group were the first to put my favorite Larry Hartsell quote on a t-shirt. He said "Don't mistake kindness for weakness" He lived that motto. We will be printing another round of those shirts soon. Please wear them with Sifu Hartsell in mind. He was a great man, I will miss him.

Until we meet again Sifu, Rest in peace.

Rick Faye
    Frank Burczynski

HILTI BJJ Berlin
    https://www.hiltibjj.de

http://www.jkdberlin.de

Registrierungsdatum
    Blog-Einträge

Registrierungsdatum
    Blog-Einträge

Standard

Zitat Zitat von jkdberlin Beitrag anzeigen
    Heute, 5 Tage nach seinem 65. Geburstag, ist mein Lehrer, Instructor, Mentor und einer meiner besten Freunde, Sifu Larry Hartsell, verstorben.

Keine Worte werden dem gerecht, was ich gerade empfinde. Danke Sifu für die 17 Jahre! Danke für das Wissen, das Training, die Freundschaft, die herzliche Aufnahme bei dir zu Hause. Danke für die Türen, die du mir geöffnet hast. Und die Brücken, die du für mich gebaut hast.

Ruhe in Frieden.

Hi Frank,

ich habe das gerade erst gelesen, herzliches Beileid.

Grüße
    Christian
    Personal Training in Düsseldorf
    Neue Trainingszeiten: Mitwochs 20:15, Sonntags 17:00 Uhr, Sportzentrum im Medienhafen - bei Interesse PN

Michael Kann Gast

Standard

Ich habe es leider erst jetzt mitbekommen (Dank der gesandten Ausschreibung) ... Erinnerungen sind kleine Sterne,
    die tröstend in das Dunkel unserer Trauer leuchten. Frank mein Freund, Du hast viele kleine Sterne über die Du erzählen kannst und die Du am leuchten halten kannst. Die Erinnerung ist ein Fenster durch das Du ihn sehen kannst, wann immer Du willst. Mein tiefes Mitgefühl gilt der Familie, den Freunden und Schülern von Larry ...

ElCativo Gast

Standard

Oha..
    Mein Beileid gilt seiner Familie, Freunden und allendie ihn kannten..
    Hab es auch jetzt erst mitbekommen.
    Ein Freund schickte mir eine Mail.
    Du meine Güte..
    Die Welt verliert einen großen Mann, mit großem Herzen und viel Wissen.

Rest in Peace, Larry!

Michael Inzana Gast

Standard Sifu Larry Hartsell

Hallo Frank,

Mein herzliches Beileid und Mitgefühl.

Michael Inzana

isegrim Gast

Standard

Auch von mir herzliches Beileid.
    Gruß Markus

Cruzada Gast

Standard R.I.P. Larry

Ruhe in frieden Larry wir werden dich nie vergessen.

Seite 6 von 8 ErsteErste ... 45678 LetzteLetzte

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer