Zeige Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12

Thema: Sean Connery und Karate

henrik007 Gast

Standard Sean Connery und Karate

Habt ihr nähere Informationen und Bilder zu diesen Thema ?

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

He holds an honorary shodan in Kyokushin karate.
    Quelle: Sean Connery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    But if they tell you that I've lost my mind
    Baby it's not gone just a little hard to find

martin.d Gast

Standard

Richard Bath finds James Bond has played a part in bringing martial arts experts to Aberdeen In his guise as Commander James Bond, Sir Sean Connery has achieved many feats. He has saved the world from nuclear destruction and chemical warfare, bedded an endless stream of lovelies and made himself Scotland's best known cinematic export. Oh, and in a roundabout way, the old smoothie has also been responsible for bringing the World Karate Championships to Aberdeen.
    As a young man, it was Oddjob's karate antics in Goldfinger that whetted the appetite of Ronnie Watt for one of the fiercest of the martial arts. Back then, in 1965, he was recovering from an accident in which he had almost lost his leg and he needed to get fit. The happy coincidence of Connery's acting and a nearby karate club in his home town of Aberdeen, and the rest is history.

Watt "quickly became obsessed" and has gone on to establish himself as Scotland's greatest karate master, reaching the dizzy levels of seventh dan. He is a well-known figure on the circuit after winning 13 bronze medals at World Karate Championships and teaching around the globe. Yet for all that, Watt believes that bringing the World Championships, which culminate today at the AECC in Aberdeen, is his greatest achievement. With 800 competitors from 30 nations around the world, he is expecting a capacity crowd of more than 3,000.

Just to square the circle, Watt has also managed to persuade Connery to act as honorary chairman of the event. Although he is filming in Hollywood this weekend, the great man has donated a specially commissioned trophy for the most promising young athlete. It is, perhaps predictably, called The Highlander Trophy.

"We are incredibly pleased to have Sir Sean involved," said Watt. "It came about because I was speaking to Alex Salmond when he was at the House of Commons, and he just happened to be with Sir Sean at the time. It's a dream tie-up for us, and especially for me."

Watt studied at Japan's Takudai University, so it is a major regret that the Japanese have been unable to send a team to compete. There are five different styles of karate, and each has its own governing organisation based in Japan.

Although most karate federations around the world send sides to take part in the championships, which has rules based on Shobo Ipon, the five separate Japanese championships are all in progress at the moment.
    Nevertheless, Watt has managed to attract nine Japanese "masters", karate practitioners who are so highly regarded they no longer compete. Instead, they have spent much of this week staging demonstrations, lessons and lectures on the art of karate.

"That has really been the highlight for me," says Watt. "To get these masters to come over here has been an incredible boost. I hope it will act as a springboard for a rebirth of karate in Scotland.

"I hope people will see that it's not about violence, but about speed and strength. You score points and win by hitting or kicking the torso, but karate competitors don't actually hit each other. They just touch. I may have broken my nose 13 times, but it's always been an accident."
    Although the sport originated in India and moved through China, it was only when it arrived in the Japanese port of Okinawa and merged with kempo and kendo that it really took off as a discipline.

It is also a sport that has a long-standing connection with Scotland. When Japan was still isolated 150 years ago, a Peterhead merchant called Thomas Glover went to Nagasaki and introduced Kirin beer and shipbuilding, starting up the Mitsubishi company. His wife was the model for the Puccini opera Madame Butterfly. In return, Glover learnt all about karate while living among the 120 clans under the Shogunate. It is perhaps fitting that the headquarters of Japanese karate is in a building called Glover House.

For more information, see: www.karate.aberdeen.net.uk;www.shotokankarate.freeserve.co.uk; World Karate Confederation

Quelle:Connery acts to kick-start karate masterclass | Sunday Herald, The | Find Articles at BNET

Karateka007 Gast

Standard

Hab mal gelesen er bekam den 2dan von Oyama geschenkt...

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Ja, steht zwei Beiträge weiter oben ... und es war der erste Dan
    But if they tell you that I've lost my mind
    Baby it's not gone just a little hard to find

Karateka007 Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Trinculo Beitrag anzeigen
    Ja, steht zwei Beiträge weiter oben ... und es war der erste Dan
    Oh, mein Fehler

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Nelson Mandela hat glaube ich auch einen "Honorary Dan" im Kyokushin.

Karateka007 Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von FireFlea Beitrag anzeigen
    Nelson Mandela hat glaube ich auch einen "Honorary Dan" im Kyokushin.
    Und wie bekommst man so einen "Honorary Dan" ?

btw. Neslon Mandela hat den 8.Dan bekommen

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Na ich denke der "Chef" (Oyama) wird ihm den verliehen haben. Als Stilgründer kannst Du machen was Du willst.

henrik007 Gast

Standard

Habt ihr vielleicht Bilder oder Videos ?

Yabu_Kentsu Gast

Standard

Zitat Zitat von henrik007 Beitrag anzeigen
    Habt ihr vielleicht Bilder oder Videos ?
    Was für Bilder oder Videos? Glaubst du im Ernst, jemand wie Connery oder Mandela interessiert sich für Oyama oder Kyokushin?

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Sind wir hier bei wünsch dir was? Dann spiel ich mal den verfrühten Osterhasen:

http://d2232983.u96.secureserverdot....%20Connery.gif

Oyama mit Sean Connery

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer