Hi!

Ein aktuelles Statement von Sifu Sergio Iadarola (www.wingtjun.com). Hervorhebungen von mir.
Two things need to be very clear.

1. What is IWKA Wing Tjun?

2. Why do not just do Weng Chun and leave Wing Tjun if that is the original and superior system?

Let me clarify point one first. IWKA is heavily influenced by Weng Chun and is totally superior to the Leung Ting system. Over the last few months I have proved that time and time again in theory and practice. (...)

Point two. Weng Chun is the latest western spelling to differentiate the successor lineage from the public versions and personal interpretations. Therefore it's very understandable that I don't want to give and teach the art to just everybody. Let's take a look at an example. To the average John on the street or housewife it doesn't matter if they learn a simple basic Karate block or the most profound martial art theories ever devised by mankind. They cannot tell the difference! It can therefore hurt you as Sifu as you don't get the right amount of feedback and appreciation from the students. (...)

So that's exactly the reason we need IWKA Wing Tjun for the average person, because it's these people who represent our biggest market!!!!!!! (IWKA Wing Tjun (...) can be finished in about six years with twice weekly training. Influenced by the original system Weng Chun to make it superior to everything currently on the market and allowing for smooth transition from IWKA Wing Tjun to IWKA Weng Chun at a certain level.)

(...)
Ich finde es zwar ziemlich seltsam zu sagen, dass man WT nur anbietet weil man damit leichter Geld verdienen kann, aber immerhin ist er ehrlich.

Gruß,
wfn