Seite 10 von 10 ErsteErste ... 8910
Zeige Ergebnis 136 bis 145 von 145

Thema: Trapping - Worum gehts?

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Yes, I forgot - he trained later also with others....

Registrierungsdatum

SteFanJKD Gast

Standard

The Problem ist, that you can ask 5 people on that subject, and you will recieve 5 different answers.
    So whats true or not? Even when WSL was alive he told a different story than W.Cheung. They both knew Lee.....
    SO here you have again the focus on who(Students or Followers) is in favor of who(Stile, Teacher).
    most of it is hearsay and can not be proven 100%.
    If the stories where straight we would not have these discussions about what JKD is wrong or right, or what trapping is important and whats not..

To say this is wrong is total bullshit unless the person did speak personally with the subjects.
    Nothing is wrong, and we shouldn't say that. If you read what I write I always write "according to my experience and knowledge" I do not agree with you. Then I write down why I disagree, why I belive in my oppinion and not others. What I then ask is for others to do the same, share their experience and knowledge. If everybody would do this we would have no fuss in JKD or any discussion, would we. There are two many people hiding behind a computer making comments without prooving their concrte experience and knowledge.

You always have to ask the source.....
    and once the source is gone the problems start..
    Who is the right leader, the right teacher, whos teaching is better, who is worse...
    Its all bs... you can't judge something untill you've tried it. Everything else is just typical hearsay and bs talk.
    I have been fortunate to have been to all the Nucleous/Foundation seminars and heard a lot of thind from the source. I have heard a lot from ted, that was one og Bruce Lee's closest friends. I have hundreds and hundreds of Intreviews with most of people connected to Bruce Lee talking about Bruce Lee and JKD. This is what i base my oppinions on.

What you call "jun fan jeet kune do" to me is the actual jeet kune do system intended for the students to learn, while TWJKD is Bruce´s personal fighting system.
    To me Jun fan JKD is everything Bruce Lee represented, modified wing Chun, Jun fan Gung Fu, JKD, his philosophy, movies etc. JKD is the philosphy for everybody to find their own truth. TWJKD is the name if ones persnal truth is the same as Bruce Lee's truth. If the "philosophy of JKD" Leads to something else than Bruce Lee's truth, it should not use the name JKD

There is evidence to both,
    so i like the openmindedness and friendly attitude you bring towards the forum when talking to JKD concepts and JFJKD guys - that´s how it should be!
    I could not agree more but I feel we should be able to "critisice" and have different oppinions on JKD and that should still be considered openmindeness and a friendly attitude.

What is important is that whenever we make a comment on something we should expalin WHY we make that comment, What experience and knowledge we base that fact, as long as we do this it is simply a conversation about JKD, nothing personal, "no fuss", it is only selfknowledge opn everybodes travel in JKD

I think that Dan inosanto is a big one in knwoledge about Bruce Lees WC (teching). but when I take a look on this vids, I don't think that Bruce had an real interest in the effort of Dans WC (and maybe others too):
    The things is that after Bruce Lee's death Many of Bruce students, especially those in L.A that had not so much Wing Chun based training went to Wing Chun and learn more wing Chun. My personal oppinion is that when I look at some Trapping, Chis sau etc I see more wing Chun than JKD.

When I talk to Ted about this subject, and how he shows trapping I do not see the same as what i see in Dan Inosanto, Steve Golden etc. I think this is because ted never went to learn wing Chun after bruce lee's death to "understand" bruce Lee's trapping, to learn more about bruce Lee's Trapping

Dan told and tells today that he still has different WC Teachers, and says that Lee is one of them, among Francis Fong and others.
    My obvious question is WHY?After all these years if he is still training Wing Chun and having a tecaher in that it is to me Daily Increase, he is still searching for "his truth". Having said that I can also understand that constantly seraching for once truth is what JKD is for many people, constantly Daily decreasing, never "stop learning" is the way many intepretate Open mindeness and "Ny Style"

All I am saying is that I did not choose this way, I chose the way of TWJKD

/SteFan

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Zitat Zitat von SteFanJKD Beitrag anzeigen
    Nothing is wrong, and we shouldn't say that. If you read what I write I always write "according to my experience and knowledge" I do not agree with you. Then I write down why I disagree, why I belive in my oppinion and not others. What I then ask is for others to do the same, share their experience and knowledge. If everybody would do this we would have no fuss in JKD or any discussion, would we. There are two many people hiding behind a computer making comments without prooving their concrte experience and knowledge.

When I talk to Ted about this subject, and how he shows trapping I do not see the same as what i see in Dan Inosanto, Steve Golden etc. I think this is because ted never went to learn wing Chun after bruce lee's death to "understand" bruce Lee's trapping, to learn more about bruce Lee's Trapping

My obvious question is WHY?After all these years if he is still training Wing Chun and having a tecaher in that it is to me Daily Increase, he is still searching for "his truth". Having said that I can also understand that constantly seraching for once truth is what JKD is for many people, constantly Daily decreasing, never "stop learning" is the way many intepretate Open mindeness and "Ny Style"

All I am saying is that I did not choose this way, I chose the way of TWJKD

/SteFan
    The first part wasn't for you....
    but it is like i said... exclude the foundation members, and with all others you will get various answers.
    to question that would be paradox, because then we wouldn't have to discuss concepts or original JKD at all. Because it would be all the same and it would be clear.

On Dans teachers.... Ask him..
    He is a very humble and nice person. He still is gratefull to all his teachers and he is even today still learning.. quoting Dan...

Dan is not all about JKD there is a lot more about him, and it isn't fair to always criticize him on whats going wrong in the JKD world .

I could understand your point of view if Dan "just" stood for JKD.. But doesn't even claim that.

ANd to be truthful... no one of us is even remotely to compare with this person.
    We can have different oppinions thats ok
    but everything else is way beyond comparison.
    Defence Lab Deutschland©
    https://defencelab-deutschland.de/

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

In todays world.. Students tend do change from one school or stile to another..
    Thats ok..
    But at the same time they talk about how bad the stuff was they did, willingly, before..

It doesn't neccessarry mean that all the teachers i had before are bad, just because i changed my point of view or my interest.
    Every step in our live has a meaning. if i want to learn something today ok, but to say, what i have learned before was crap ( in some ways in really could be so) shows that in fact i have learned nothing.
    Always be respectful on those who did train you.., at least they have showed what isn't working for you..
    Defence Lab Deutschland©

SteFanJKD Gast

Standard

I could understand your point of view if Dan "just" stood for JKD.. But doesn't even claim that.
    Like you wrote "no one of us is even remotely to compare with this person.
    We can have different oppinions thats ok"

I think that Dan represents "JKD" just as much as Ted Wong. Both have done what Bruce Lee expected from his tudents, they did not imitate or simply took his truth as the ultimate truth. They looked beyond what he was teaching and found their own truth.

So theoretically they both foolowed the "JKD mentality". Techically Ted found his truth in "Bruce Lee's truth" and dan found it elsewere. So if Dan claims that he is not doing JKD I would rather say that he is not tecahing Technical JKD, his physical style is not JKD.

He chose to use the word JKD Concepts to tech the way you are supposed to think with an open mind in JKD, find your own truth. This has led to the fact that people have mistaked anything he did as part of his technical JKD

Dan is not all about JKD there is a lot more about him, and it isn't fair to always criticize him on whats going wrong in the JKD world .
    But the fact still remains that "JKD Concepts" was the reason Linda Lee chose to do something. I think dan should have put a stop to all his students a long ime ago when they marketed dan seminars with the Term JKD, even though Dan himself said that they should not do it, that he is teafhing so much more than JKD.

If any of my students would start to call my training for TWJKD Conceps if my intrest would be to start to teach Karate, BJJ, Muay Thai amd a little TWJKD and ask them not to use the name TWJKD to market my seminars I would not ask them to call it TWJKD Concepts. I would ask them to name it what it is, and it has so little to do with TWJKD that I would have my own name on it, This Is what i think dan should have done.

What he calls it today if he is not claiming to tecah JKD I have no idea, maybe I should log onto his webpage and see what he teaches.

/Stefan

SteFanJKD Gast

Standard

This is one of those clips that is in swedish, but I think it showes some of those things I have talked about

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

This is one of those clips that is in swedish, but I think it showes some of those things I have talked about

My question is... What is this suppose to teach?
    It s a little hard since i don't get swedish lang.
    Do you teach what trapping should NOT be?
    Defence Lab Deutschland©

SteFanJKD Gast

Standard

Do you teach what trapping should NOT be?
    Absolutely, and you probably recognice where I do it I also talk about keeping protected, simplyfying Trapping with Footwork. This was a karate school that organiced the seminar so I showed some trapping aginst classical Block(counter methods.

Please write down the minute/second if there is anything particular you would know what I am teaching. it is better to ask that have misinterpretations

/Stefan

Registrierungsdatum

Standard

Absolutely, and you probably recognice where I do it I also talk about keeping protected, simplyfying Trapping with Footwork. This was a karate school that organiced the seminar so I showed some trapping aginst classical Block(counter methods.

Please write down the minute/second if there is anything particular you would know what I am teaching. it is better to ask that have misinterpretations

/Stefan
    right.. just to look at a video and say it is bs isn't fair..
    BEcause its important to know the purpose of it, where and for what it was taken.
    Defence Lab Deutschland©

Seite 10 von 10 ErsteErste ... 8910

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer